I need everyones help on this one!!! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to hvac
Default I need everyones help on this one!!!

So I need some help me and my buddy got told to get off the water at bingham lake today by the douglas county parks and rec because apparently unbeknowndst to me there is no more boating on the lake period and of course they dont have it posted anywhere except fot the pinery.org on the home page only not the bingham lake section and they are saying because of the quagga mussels and zebra mussels are out of control they may have some fight there but all that water is for is to water the golf course below. So I had to deal with a busy body resident of the pinery telling me that I couldnt go on the lake like she was my mother or something. I just basically told her to mind her own business and that there arent any signs posted nor have they changed their website. So I carried on about my business and four hours later the ranger shows up and we have a conversation and basically told me that I could stay on the lake because its not posted yet and he would appreciate that i cooperate because he didnt want to hear the jerks from the hoa calling all day long. I know bingham isnt the fishery that it once used to be but i like putting my pontoon raft in there just to relax and cast a line and not having to pay and its close to home. The ranger told me to call a gentleman named Charlie Kroh @303-841-2797 ext 201. But in my opinion this is just the beginning of things to come in the state. So the more people that call this guy and let him know maybe we can get them to reverse this thing. I can go on and on about the issue and why they are taking the boating away, but i was told its got nothing to do with the mussels its just politics. Please reply and give me your opinion dont just view it thanks.
hvac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: I need everyones help on this one!!!

Similar things are happening in Windsor............there are ponds that have been there for a long time and the new rich in-habitants think that the surrounding 5 miles came with their house. They will call on you for fishing public land...........dumb arses. Just a case of snobs trying to "own"more and trying to distance themselves from the common man.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm not too sure how this ones going to play out. But I can make a few things clear (maybe).

Bingham is private property. The DOW stocks that lake under the condition that it remain open to the public. This is the reason you can fish at the lake without being required to have a fishing license in your possesion.

I have no idea about whether or not keeping the lake open to boating is part of the land owners agreement with DOW or not.

The only thing I can think to reccomend is this...
Contact the land owner and find out what his position is on whether or not he still allows boats on the water, and if he says he does then tell anyone else who harrasses you to go find something better to do with their time. If he says he does not, then he probably has that right. You can contact the DOW and try to find information about his contract with the DOW to see if it requires that he keep the lake open for boating, but I'd bet he is not required to do so.

Just because a private lake is open to the public for fishing, does not mean that people can just do whatever they want on that private property. If I recall, there are signs posted at the lake, as well as mention on the website, that say the lake is open to boats with electric motors only, as long as that sign still exists, I'd continue useing the lake for boating, and telling anyone who harrasses you about it to go mind their own business.

-MHF
MyleHighFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to hvac

Thanks myle high I am gonna do some more research on this issue. First I am gonna contact the guys name at the bottom of my original post since he handles the water and waste for the pinery and golf course and the ranger said he is a pretty cool guy and it wasnt his decision to do so with the boating. He also said they want to make it for residents only of the pinery, and douglass county said not gonna happen as long as they are supplying the fish, and the pinery from what i gather then suggested well how about only douglas country residents allowed and no one outside of that imaginary boundary. That kind of crap just burns me everytime I hear it.
hvac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Bummer about boats on this lake.

But how was the fishing?
zebco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would say, don't rock the "boat". It was private and now we get to use it. However good or bad it may be, it is one of the only places in Parker you can fish. They can take it away at any time for any reason, so keep quiet.
silicone boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in