Well since fish63 brought it up do you think a State Record Smallie is in Pueblo - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Well since fish63 brought it up do you think a State Record Smallie is in Pueblo

Just wondering....

Mine was 21" 4lb 7 ounce still a ways away but closer.... I have caught a decent amount in the 4lb range along with a few others.

I know the state record spot lives in the lake and several other records but what about smallie?

I hope I or one of my buds pull one out over 6lbs!
boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Well since fish63 brought it up do you think a State Record Smallie is in Pueblo

I think it does swim in there....I had to take a look after your post the other night. It's there - just gotta find her!
xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Well since fish63 brought it up do you think a State Record Smallie is in Pueblo

I bet that lake has a record for every warmwater species swiming. Except for maybe the largemouth.
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

100% Guaranteed that there is one(probably a lot more than one) in there. I used to catch them up to 20" when I was 15 and that was 9 years ago. Unless they stop growing after a certain amount of time or size, then there is no question.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

There or Aurora...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
OG LOKE

Or Quincy...or Chatty...or some other un-named areas.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivrunnr1
100% Guaranteed that there is one(probably a lot more than one) in there. I used to catch them up to 20" when I was 15 and that was 9 years ago. Unless they stop growing after a certain amount of time or size, then there is no question.
As long as there is food and the envirionment is sustainable.....................fish grow until the day they die.............that's the cool thing about fish. Birds, mammals, etc all reach a point where they stop growing.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'd say somewhere in Jeffco, but I'm sure Pueblo has some.

Rob
Old 09-22-2008, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Top 3 Stanley, Aurora and Pueblo.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

one problem at pueblo is so many are taken out by tourist and food fisherman that take anything long enough to keep, that it is hard for them to grow that big. that is one problem with us having the number one tourist destination state park in colo. there are many 20" plus fish taken out every year

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in