Lake to fish tomorrow - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lake to fish tomorrow

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and its been a long time since I've been fishing. Me and buddy are planning on going tomorrow morning (around 3 - 4 am). I live in Colorado springs and I'm looking for a good lake to fish from the shore. Pretty much a beginer - usually fish on the bottom with worms or powerbait - sometimes with a bobber..

Any suggestions on where to go - would like something within an hour/hour and a half range. Was thinking about either cherry creek, chatman or Pueblo.

Not really fishing for anything in particular - but would like to catch something of nice size..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Raist23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Lake to fish tomorrow

Try 11 mile one of my friends got a nice bow last week out of there. An was up there on Sat an again he landed a nice bow they were around 4lbs. An the night fishing is going to be getting good as it's get's cold.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Of those 3 choices i would say Pueblo by far.

I live near Chatfield if thats what you ment by (Chatman). And the fishing from shore is usually pretty darn slow for me.

Cherry Creek can be good though. I have had limited success there from shore.(Trout, Walleye, Carp)

Pueblo, though I have never been there, YET. I here it is a great place to fish from boat or shore(Correct me if i am wrong) there is allot of dif. species in there thats for sure

What you trying to catch?
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Your right I did mean Chatman..

Not really fishing for anything in particular - probably some trout which is usually what I used to catch since I mainly just use worms or powerbait.. Would just love to catch anything - so even if anyone has some suggestions on some rigging for the places suggested that would be great..

Raist23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raist23
Your right I did mean Chatman..

Not really fishing for anything in particular - probably some trout which is usually what I used to catch since I mainly just use worms or powerbait.. Would just love to catch anything - so even if anyone has some suggestions on some rigging for the places suggested that would be great..

If all you want to catch is Stocker rainbow trout, they are pretty readily available.

Here is a list of recently stocked lakes:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/...tockingReport/

I dont target them anymore but I use to catch a ton on Power Bait and also using small spinners. When using Power Bait remember to put enough on the hook to make it float then but your weight on to set how high it floats off the bottom.

Dont know if you plan on keeping them or not but most of the time when you use Powerbait they swallow it deep, so you have to keep them or cut your line. However when you use spinners you can easily release them unharmed.

BTW, People call them Slimers on this site.

Quick look over the list points toward:

Pikeview Reservoir
Quail Lake
Willow Creek Ponds #1 and #2

I have never fished the Co springs area before but i am sure someone in that area will chime in with more specifics.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you go to pueblo, try to go to the south marina. park and walk towards the dam. There is a point there that is productive from shore for bass, walleye and if you are super lucky a wiper. Try fishing a worm suspended under a bobber and then cast a minnow looking lure slowly cranked with the occasional jerk. Good luck, and post your results if you dont mind. Welcome to the forum.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

if you come to pueblo dont count on any trout, they are far and few between this year

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in