Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Colorado Walleye Association?

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  rfideng 
#1 ·
Just curious how many of you guys are in it or have been in the past and what you think. I am thinking of joining and just wandered about good or bad experiances with them.

Thanks

#2 ·
A great experience Lew...you dont need to join to go to the meetings...what part of town do you live in?...the north chapter has their meetings in Berthoud, the central chapter has their meetings at the DOW around 58th and I-25...the south chapter is in the Springs...the central chapter has a meeting on this Thursday with spooning guru and lure creator Pat O'Grady of Glendo fame...the meetings I attend are the north chapter...a great bunch of guys...

#3 ·
Cool, Thanks. I am in Highlands Ranch so I will probably be going to the Central one. Probably won't join till January but it looks fun. I would like to do some of the tournaments. I was in one a few years back out at Chatfield that they put on for member and non-members and it was alot of fun.

#5 ·
z nailed it - go check 'em out - great group of people, good times at the meetings, lots of info and once you see how worthwhile it is and join, you'll be supporting an important group that not only provides tournaments that can get you to the National Team Championships but also works with CDOW to help preserve and improve our walleye fishing.

#6 ·
Lew said:
Cool, Thanks. I am in Highlands Ranch so I will probably be going to the Central one.
Hey, Lew, I live in Highlands Ranch and zman lives in the area and we drive up every month to the North chapter meeting if you want to ride along some time.

Don

#8 ·
I joined this year, but I haven't been to a meeting yet... Probably best for me though, I might get beat up after this political season.... ;D

Leaving the house at 7am for work and getting home at 6:30 has been the real problem, and then preparing dinner and all.

Next year maybe..

#9 ·
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Lew said:
Cool, Thanks. I am in Highlands Ranch so I will probably be going to the Central one.
Hey, Lew, I live in Highlands Ranch and zman lives in the area and we drive up every month to the North chapter meeting if you want to ride along some time.

Don
Cool. Thanks Don, I'll probably hit you up on that next month. Sounds like a pretty cool club to join. Looking forward to learning some new stuff. Already winterized the boat so I need something to occupy the time till ice season.

#13 ·
join, you wont be sorry. and attend the meetings. the first year i joined i hardly made any meetings. cant believe on how much i missed out on. you will learn a lot about fishing in colorado and not just for walleye either. most people think of trout when they think of colorado fishing but we have some awesome walleye, pike, wiper, bass and laker fishing just to name a few.

#15 ·
I have been involved with the CWA for about 6 years and let me tell ya... It is worth it weight in GOLD...... The people and new friends have been some of the best experience's in my fishing life... the knowledge of some of the members is amazing. I still learn something every month.

I run the North Chapter and have a ball with it. The CWA is a great outlet for learning and making great friends. Me and my son qualified for the NTC this year and it has done everything in his interest and love for fishing.. He gets out of school and begs to go..

Even though I have to deal with Z, DID, Eyehunter, and lets not forget Ogers I still love it. I always look forward to the coming year... We are allready getting ready for the the next tournament season.

#16 ·
If you fish walleyes, then you should Go To The CWA Meetings. It's well worth your time.
You will meet some GREAT Fisherman and will learn something (perhaps alot). You won't regret it.

I've been going to about half the south chapter meetings over the last 3 years and am a better fisherman because of it. They don't expect you to join unless you will fish in CWA tournaments. I joined but have not fished any tournaments yet (maybe next year).

Crk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.