Colorado Walleye Association? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Colorado Walleye Association?

Just curious how many of you guys are in it or have been in the past and what you think. I am thinking of joining and just wandered about good or bad experiances with them.

Thanks
CaptHook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Colorado Walleye Association?

A great experience Lew...you dont need to join to go to the meetings...what part of town do you live in?...the north chapter has their meetings in Berthoud, the central chapter has their meetings at the DOW around 58th and I-25...the south chapter is in the Springs...the central chapter has a meeting on this Thursday with spooning guru and lure creator Pat O'Grady of Glendo fame...the meetings I attend are the north chapter...a great bunch of guys...
Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cool, Thanks. I am in Highlands Ranch so I will probably be going to the Central one. Probably won't join till January but it looks fun. I would like to do some of the tournaments. I was in one a few years back out at Chatfield that they put on for member and non-members and it was alot of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Mayor

In for 2 years, have had a blast. You'll like the people and the tournaments are pretty cool. If you do well you can qualify for the Cabelas National Team Championships, an experience beyond words.

Good Luck!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

z nailed it - go check 'em out - great group of people, good times at the meetings, lots of info and once you see how worthwhile it is and join, you'll be supporting an important group that not only provides tournaments that can get you to the National Team Championships but also works with CDOW to help preserve and improve our walleye fishing.
GrnMtn Eye Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew
Cool, Thanks. I am in Highlands Ranch so I will probably be going to the Central one.
Hey, Lew, I live in Highlands Ranch and zman lives in the area and we drive up every month to the North chapter meeting if you want to ride along some time.

Don

Old 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lots of fun and good information...they let zman and DID in so no background checks either...
Old 10-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

I joined this year, but I haven't been to a meeting yet... Probably best for me though, I might get beat up after this political season....

Leaving the house at 7am for work and getting home at 6:30 has been the real problem, and then preparing dinner and all.

Next year maybe..
tal0362 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofindyourowndamnfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew
Cool, Thanks. I am in Highlands Ranch so I will probably be going to the Central one.
Hey, Lew, I live in Highlands Ranch and zman lives in the area and we drive up every month to the North chapter meeting if you want to ride along some time.

Don
Cool. Thanks Don, I'll probably hit you up on that next month. Sounds like a pretty cool club to join. Looking forward to learning some new stuff. Already winterized the boat so I need something to occupy the time till ice season.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAL0362
I joined this year, but I haven't been to a meeting yet... Probably best for me though, I might get beat up after this political season....
Nah..... Travis, Goonzek, and Ogres haven't beaten me up. Yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in