11-mile reports - Where are they? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 11-mile reports - Where are they?

Thepikester, Clint, Boon - Cmon guys, I know you have been poundin the water lately. How's it been this week? I thought Tony was going up for a few days this week, so hopefully he got a hog the size of his leg ( a hog leg). The western slope is fishing well for pike.

Rip Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
P I K E

Default Re: 11-mile reports - Where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip lip
Thepikester, Clint, Boon - Cmon guys, I know you have been poundin the water lately. How's it been this week? I thought Tony was going up for a few days this week, so hopefully he got a hog the size of his leg ( a hog leg). The western slope is fishing well for pike.

East slope is suckin right now, as soon as I wake up and unload the camper and get it stowed I'll post up!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

I haven't been out....
Might hit it one day but with the last cold front and the temps in the high teens low 20's I bet the pike have slowed down....
My guess the water temp has dropped below 50
boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
P I K E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock
I haven't been out....
Might hit it one day but with the last cold front and the temps in the high teens low 20's I bet the pike have slowed down....
My guess the water temp has dropped below 50
Water temps were 50 average during the morning and 52 during the afternoon. Still a lot of movement, not much of takers.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

i was up there tuesday and ended gettin bout a dozen followers and only one taker. Had it on a chartreuse and white spinnerbait got it close enough to see and ended up, just a guesstimate, bein bout 35" pike. Had it over in sucker cove.
xX D LEE Xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Me and my fishing partner hit the mile yesterday 10-15-08 with no luck whatsoever. Fished many spots on the lake. As for water temps the east side of the lake was 51 to 52 degrees and the west side 49 to 50 degrees. we fished from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one follow a 30" or so pike. I never really do well at the mile but I figured my luck would change in my new boat.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hope that Ali G and myself have different results Sunday! We rented a boat from Larry at the marina, great deals for this time of year.

Rob
Old 10-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
P I K E

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHORN
Me and my fishing partner hit the mile yesterday 10-15-08 with no luck whatsoever. Fished many spots on the lake. As for water temps the east side of the lake was 51 to 52 degrees and the west side 49 to 50 degrees. we fished from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one follow a 30" or so pike. I never really do well at the mile but I figured my luck would change in my new boat.
Was that you guys in that new Lund that was cruising around? We were in the older red Lund that was making an appearance all over the lake!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey Pikester no I was in a new gold and red tracker and I made an appearence everywhere as well. Atleast you caught something besides a cold! I am new to pike fishing but very facsinated by this great fish. The pike that I saw follow my lure on Wed. came to the bow looked at me eye to eye then swam along the side of my boat to the back and stared my partner eye to eye then took his time swimming off as to say I'm the badest mother in here. INCREDIBLE. I am now hooked.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
P I K E

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHORN
Hey Pikester no I was in a new gold and red tracker and I made an appearence everywhere as well. Atleast you caught something besides a cold! I am new to pike fishing but very facsinated by this great fish. The pike that I saw follow my lure on Wed. came to the bow looked at me eye to eye then swam along the side of my boat to the back and stared my partner eye to eye then took his time swimming off as to say I'm the badest mother in here. INCREDIBLE. I am now hooked.
Yep...You've got the "PIKE WOODY"!!! Ask Steamer about it!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in