Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

11-mile reports - Where are they?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  TthePikester 
#1 ·
Thepikester, Clint, Boon - Cmon guys, I know you have been poundin the water lately. How's it been this week? I thought Tony was going up for a few days this week, so hopefully he got a hog the size of his leg ( a hog leg). The western slope is fishing well for pike.

#2 ·
rip lip said:
Thepikester, Clint, Boon - Cmon guys, I know you have been poundin the water lately. How's it been this week? I thought Tony was going up for a few days this week, so hopefully he got a hog the size of his leg ( a hog leg). The western slope is fishing well for pike.
::) East slope is suckin right now, as soon as I wake up and unload the camper and get it stowed I'll post up!!!

#3 ·
I haven't been out....
Might hit it one day but with the last cold front and the temps in the high teens low 20's I bet the pike have slowed down....
My guess the water temp has dropped below 50 :(

#4 ·
Boondock said:
I haven't been out....
Might hit it one day but with the last cold front and the temps in the high teens low 20's I bet the pike have slowed down....
My guess the water temp has dropped below 50 :(
Water temps were 50 average during the morning and 52 during the afternoon. Still a lot of movement, not much of takers. ::)

#6 ·
Me and my fishing partner hit the mile yesterday 10-15-08 with no luck whatsoever. Fished many spots on the lake. As for water temps the east side of the lake was 51 to 52 degrees and the west side 49 to 50 degrees. we fished from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one follow a 30" or so pike. I never really do well at the mile but I figured my luck would change in my new boat.

#8 ·
LONGHORN said:
Me and my fishing partner hit the mile yesterday 10-15-08 with no luck whatsoever. Fished many spots on the lake. As for water temps the east side of the lake was 51 to 52 degrees and the west side 49 to 50 degrees. we fished from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one follow a 30" or so pike. I never really do well at the mile but I figured my luck would change in my new boat.
Was that you guys in that new Lund that was cruising around? We were in the older red Lund that was making an appearance all over the lake!!!

#9 ·
Hey Pikester no I was in a new gold and red tracker and I made an appearence everywhere as well. Atleast you caught something besides a cold! I am new to pike fishing but very facsinated by this great fish. The pike that I saw follow my lure on Wed. came to the bow looked at me eye to eye then swam along the side of my boat to the back and stared my partner eye to eye then took his time swimming off as to say I'm the badest mother in here. INCREDIBLE. I am now hooked.

#10 ·
LONGHORN said:
Hey Pikester no I was in a new gold and red tracker and I made an appearence everywhere as well. Atleast you caught something besides a cold! I am new to pike fishing but very facsinated by this great fish. The pike that I saw follow my lure on Wed. came to the bow looked at me eye to eye then swam along the side of my boat to the back and stared my partner eye to eye then took his time swimming off as to say I'm the badest mother in here. INCREDIBLE. I am now hooked.
Yep...You've got the "PIKE WOODY"!!! Ask Steamer about it!!! ;D

#11 ·
Thanks guys! It makes sense that the reports on 11-mile have slowed as a result of the fishing being slower. I know you guys are out fishing it, and I hope the catching continues for a while. It sounds like there are some nice fish showing themselves, but not willing to commit. I have a feeling a couple really big fish will be caught in the next few weeks, I just hope it's one of you. Keep Castin'!

#12 ·
clint walker said:
rip lip said:
Thanks guys! It makes sense that the reports on 11-mile have slowed as a result of the fishing being slower. I know you guys are out fishing it, and I hope the catching continues for a while. It sounds like there are some nice fish showing themselves, but not willing to commit. I have a feeling a couple really big fish will be caught in the next few weeks, I just hope it's one of you. Keep Castin'!
it's been getting a lot colder up here. this morning it was 24 at my house and it sure felt like it. I'll keep going out till my lake starts to freeze and once it does, I will put the boat up. Until then, I will still be out chasing pike as usual. I also sure hope it's me that catches a big one, I've been chasing them there for 14 years so I'm due for a monster :D
Just cast where you think Stan would cast. ;D

#13 ·
§limer said:
clint walker said:
rip lip said:
it's been getting a lot colder up here. this morning it was 24 at my house and it sure felt like it. I'll keep going out till my lake starts to freeze and once it does, I will put the boat up. Until then, I will still be out chasing pike as usual. I also sure hope it's me that catches a big one, I've been chasing them there for 14 years so I'm due for a monster :D
Just cast where you think Stan would cast. ;D
We were and thats where we saw the big mama over 40"s follow up to the boat. Stan ruined the biotch forever!!! ::) ;) ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.