Never take a drunk man fishin. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never take a drunk man fishin.

Was going up to Rampart on halloween (report posted), and get to my buddies house at 4am to pick him up. Our friend Will was there, hammered and wanted to go with us. I didnt want to take him, but i finally gave in and let him go. So, we make the hike down to the inlet, which took an extra 15 minutes because he fell down like 6 times. Finally we get to the water. It was freezing! Had to be about 10 degrees with the wind chill, ice on the ground and the edge of the water. Will goes to cast, and drunk stumbles into ankle deep water. Worried about frost bite, i tell him to sit in the chair and take off his socks and shoes and wrap his feet in my fleece jacket until everything is dry. He refuses. After 15 minutes, he starts to complain that his feet hurt. He takes off his socks and shoes, not quite frost bite, but getting there. He proceeds to strip down to his boxers and says he is going to swim across the lake. He gets into the water, again, ankle deep and we drag him out sit him down and wrap up his feet. 15 minutes go by and he says "Im doing it!", shoots out of the chair and dives into the water head first, which causes his boxers to fall off! So, he makes it across, and asks us to bring him his clothes. Now, that would have been about a 3 mile walk for us to get around to him, so we tell him he has to swim back. He swims back, gets out of the water...naked and shivering, and starts to get dressed. Now, he is hypothermic. We sit him down in the chair and bundle him up. We couldn't head back, its a 2 mile walk, and he really couldnt walk. So, he is sitting there shivering, and basically passes out. Now, I know it is illegal, but we had to make a fire, it was a matter of life and death at this point. We make the fire and start to thaw him out. 2 hours later, dry, warm and sober he gets up like nothing happened and starts fishing. Scary when it was going on, but now its a pretty funny story.
cody375 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Never take a drunk man fishin.

Lol...............when he wanted to get in the water...........that's when you break out the duct tape and subdue him. Your lucky you weren't on the news for a "rescue'.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow,
odaon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

LMFAO.....

OMG I have never heard a story like that........thats mass funny!
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Classic.....
fishonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Funny funny.. My friend you need to have a camera with you and ready at ALL times when fishing. Imagine what those pics would look like. I have been in that situation before, not quite so hardcore as that guy but still frustrating at the moment.
muskieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

we had a guy come up with us to ice fish williams fork with us once, when he met us up there at 9:00am, he was already trashed, buy 10:00am he was crying on the ice(a recent divorcee) by 12:00pm he was passed out on the ice,so we had to drag him off with a snowmobile. then we followed them back to town since he was the only one of his group that had a drivers licence, well we dropped him off in town at the hotel room and went back out and fished the rest of the day, then when we got back he wouldn't open the door so we had to shove 3 guys into a 2 person suite.. the next morning we drove to the delaneys and he followed us, crashed into the ditch on the way there, had to have a county road plow pull him out, then at breakfast he was already saucing it up, so we just basically told him there and then to go find some others to fish with as we didn't have time to babysit his immature self. what a joke.. i will never ever fish with someone twice that ever gets that trashed out on the ice, a couple of beers here and there is cool...
Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

I usually just knock em out...They enver remember anyways..

daiwafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiwafan25
I usually just knock em out...They enver remember anyways..

Dropping drunks is a good time, then the next day they ask what the hell happened, "I dunno man, you were all wasted and hit you head"
andyrm66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiehughes
we had a guy come up with us to ice fish williams fork with us once, when he met us up there at 9:00am, he was already trashed, buy 10:00am he was crying on the ice(a recent divorcee) by 12:00pm he was passed out on the ice,so we had to drag him off with a snowmobile. then we followed them back to town since he was the only one of his group that had a drivers licence, well we dropped him off in town at the hotel room and went back out and fished the rest of the day, then when we got back he wouldn't open the door so we had to shove 3 guys into a 2 person suite.. the next morning we drove to the delaneys and he followed us, crashed into the ditch on the way there, had to have a county road plow pull him out, then at breakfast he was already saucing it up, so we just basically told him there and then to go find some others to fish with as we didn't have time to babysit his immature self. what a joke.. i will never ever fish with someone twice that ever gets that trashed out on the ice, a couple of beers here and there is cool...
I don't get "trashed" but I definitely will get drunk on the ice. It's a great time. But some people just don't know how to act when they drink. In my experience, those types of people are the minority and they are generally younger.....but they are definitely out there. For some reason, I get more focused on fishing when I drink on the ice.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in