New Guy Introduction - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Guy Introduction

Not sure if this the right place or if this type of introdution is allowed (moderators please feel free to move post if not in the right forum).

Well, I'd like to say hello to all the folks here on the forum and give a little bit of info about myself, as I probably will be posting and asking many questions on the forums. Not sure if any advice or info given by me will help anyone out there but I'm willing to contribute as much as possible!

With that been said I am a Colorado Native but ironically did not grow up fishing. Dad worked alot. I didn't start fishing until just a few years ago when a buddy I worked with told me he always wanted to go fishing but similarly his dad was too busy with work as well. So we decided to plunge in and buy some poles and some gear...didn't know really what we were buying at the time, but we eventually figured what worked for us and that in nutshell is how I began my journey with fishing. I have experienced some success and fished in many parts of the state. For me just being outdoors in the mountains was as good as catching the fish!

I mostly shore fish, river fish and have been ice fishing the past 3 years or so. I mostly like lure fishing on open water. I have 2 kids boy and a girl and have taken them fishing since they were around a year and a half. I now take them everychance I get and get great enjoyement sharing what I now with them.

So as to not write a book here that is my short intro, hope to meet alot of great new friends here possibly go fishing and drink a few cold adult beverages of choice and share whatever knowledge, or conditions of where I've been as I can. I have to admit at first I use to be secretive of where and what I caught my fish on and where at, but you know as I have matured in my thinking I really don't mind sharing anything I have come to learn to someone who may find it helpful. My biggest thing now is just about being a good ethical sportsman and preserving as much as possible our great fishing resources in Colorado.

Hope to get to knowing some of you fisherman out there!
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: New Guy Introduction

Welcome, especially with this type of introduction! You're sure to meet lots of peeps on here and enjoy some good fishing times.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

nice to have you... welcome aboard and hang on ... things get interesting at times but what family doesn't

Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

oh, don't mind gofindyourowndamnfish... he's the nutty uncle of the family
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks alot ItsaBigun and dloring! Look forward to getting to know some more fishing addicts out there!
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome NativeSon!!

Sounds like you are an ideal member for this forum and i am glad that you have joined. I hope you have a digital Camera so you can share p[ics

A couple basic things you should know:

Using the search feature up at the top can find you most all the info you are looking for or atleast a place to start before you post asking.

Colorado Fishing Reports Section is only for what it says REPORTS OF FISHING SOMEWHERE IN COLORADO

You have to have a minimum of i believe 10 or 20 posts before you can PM.

Curse words and the such are not allowed and neither are avatars that may offend someone or there kids.

Well i am sure there is more but that is a good start, and again welcome.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaBigun
nice to have you... welcome aboard and hang on ... things get interesting at times but what family doesn't
Well said!!

Welcome aboard. There is a wealth of knowledge here and you joined on the perfect day (election over!!) Have fun and report. Take your digital with you on trips and share some pics. It is a lot of fun.

Check out the search function when exploring new waters. Ask questions and give answers. Dont worry, you dont have to show your whole hand, but tossin out a bone or two always gets a return.

Again, Welcome.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

Welcome, have fun.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkats

welcome new guy

good luck
Old 11-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Be careful! This site can be very addicting, and before you know it you'll be spending the better part of your work day on the forums
coloradonative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in