Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Thanksgiving weekend plans...

3K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  dgorell 
#1 ·
Lots of people not working tomorrow so I expect it will be dog slow on here, so let's just start this now and include wed-sun plans :)

I'll probably only get one day in, rare on a long weekend from work, but it is what it is...Saturday pretty sure we'll head to dillon for our first ice of the year. I should be wearing my bears stocking hat so say hi.

#6 ·
FLYFISHGEEK said:
THURSDAY = FISHING THE UNCOMPAGHRE
FRIDAY = FISHING THE COLORADO/ROARING FORK
SATURDAY = FISHING THE GUNNISON
SUNDAY = FISHING ?? It really depends on the other days where I go

O0
Dang man, I'm jealous. Usually on a long weekend that's how my schedule would look :'( :'(

#11 ·
FishnPhil said:
FLYFISHGEEK said:
THURSDAY = FISHING THE UNCOMPAGHRE
FRIDAY = FISHING THE COLORADO/ROARING FORK
SATURDAY = FISHING THE GUNNISON
SUNDAY = FISHING ?? It really depends on the other days where I go

O0
Dang man, I'm jealous. Usually on a long weekend that's how my schedule would look :'( :'(
It could all change, I am on call 24/7 in the winter so if something happens it could mess with my water time.

#12 ·
Saturday is my fishing day and I'll be hitting some ice with my brother-in-law. We'll either go to Dillon or maybe Antero if I hear there is enough ice there. Someone pm me if you know about Antero having safe ice. Otherwise Dillon seems like the safe bet to catch some, and that's what I want to do.

#13 ·
The forecast Wednesday is looking pretty sweeet, so with any luck I'll be in the boat on Pueblo tomorrow.

I don't do the hardwater thing, so the weekend will be home repair time.

Crk

#15 ·
My lady and I yes I did say my LADY are going to dillon on Sat. (i'm glad she loves to fish). We never ice fished there. Is there any chance for big fish there? I'll be in the green eskimo pop up hut. come say hi and feel free to ask me to drill some holes for you folks without power augers. I remember those days and they suck specially in thicker ice, plus we want to make nice with the people that fish a lot on here so maybe this winter we can get some good trips in.

#22 ·
Probably fishing on friday, and probably fishing on saturday too. Not sure about sunday, the wife and i talked about me fishing on saturdays and doing the church thing with her on sundays. So that's probably how my winter will go.

#23 ·
My cousin IR who is new to forum and I are going to hit up up Pueblo res early Thanksgiving morning. He has to be home by 9:00 so I thought I would throw the flyrod around after he leaves. I cant wait to see the fish IR puts on this forum they will certainly be a delight. Have fun fellas and gals.

#24 ·
jestified said:
. come say hi and feel free to ask me to drill some holes for you folks without power augers. I remember those days and they suck specially in thicker ice, plus we want to make nice with the people that fish a lot on here so maybe this winter we can get some good trips in.
Thats totally cool of you Jestified, beleive it or not my freind and I have actually taken and showed people some hot spots who never even offered to drill holes for us with their power augers! Props for you and your lady, and beleive me if you drill a few holes for some fellow members they will definitely help you out down the road! Way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.