Anyone braving the cold and heading to the A today? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone braving the cold and heading to the A today?

Man, I have some bad luck... I haven't been able to fish Aurora Res from my boat for nearly 3 months, I finally get my truck back, and some free time, only to get out there yesterday afternoon to find the boat ramp had been closed due to a very unfortunate accident.

Some guy lost his Ram 1500 at the boat ramp. Apparently his kids knocked the truck into nuetral while he was unloading the boat. Thankfully, they got the kids out safely, however the truck was not as fortunate. I was completely submerged, and was barely visible from shore. I sure hope the best for that guy and his family.

Now back to me... I was planning on hittin' the A today around 9:00. Then I woke up to 2 inches of snow on my truck and boat. Now I'm on the fence about what to do. Still haven't heard from my fishin' buddy either, which probably means he's not interested in headin' out.

I REALLY NEED TO GET MY BOAT IN SOME WATER!!!!

Anyone here goin' out today?
mrwigglestheworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Anyone braving the cold and heading to the A today?

Wow so much for no contact with the water.

Awesome the kids got out.

I passed on fishing today, was going to hit the DS and Spinney but with 14-22mph winds and snow I passed and came home.
boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Only retards brave it bud...check out my fishing report.
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think everyone can learn from this guys mistake.................ALWAYS use your parking brake.........ALWAYS.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogul buster
I think everyone can learn from this guys mistake.................ALWAYS use your parking brake.........ALWAYS.
No doubt, I'm a newbie, set the brake, put it in 1st, and pull my keys. As of now I'm still so paranoid I'd do the same dumb thing. Saw all the commotion on the ramp yesterday, and had to thread my trailer through the FD and HazMat trucks yesterday. Note to myself...check list off everything I'm doing when towin a boat, I already lost mine off the hitch once since I got it. Never again.
colonative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonative
Quote:
No doubt, I'm a newbie, set the brake, put it in 1st, and pull my keys. As of now I'm still so paranoid I'd do the same dumb thing. Saw all the commotion on the ramp yesterday, and had to thread my trailer through the FD and HazMat trucks yesterday. Note to myself...check list off everything I'm doing when towin a boat, I already lost mine off the hitch once since I got it. Never again.
Losing a trailer off the hitch because you forgot to lock it...........that would suck. I see people hook the safety chains straight on instead of crossing them.............crossing them allows the tongue of the trailer to be cradled by the chains if it comes off. When they're not crossed the trailer falls straight down and swings wildly..............and if the chains are too long........it drags on the ground.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Saw that at Chatty, but this guy had a new toyota 2WD. Backed in too far to launch a sailboat and got the back wheels on the slime. The weight of the boat and trailer just drug it in all the way . When they towed it out, I glanced at the mileage on it, 285mi. PK
COLD CASE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yeppers...I saw a guy do it at Boyd...up over the hood...pick up truck...he go towed out...had a cargo bed full of water when he opened the gate to trigger the flood...a guy walked by and smart arsed cracked...catch anything?!...he wasnt amused...no it wasnt me making the comment...I was just observing...
Old 12-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree, MB. People ask me all the time why I use the parking brake in my automatic. I learned a long time ago that you can never be too cautious. Besides, I don't like the weight of the vehicle resting on my tranny.
mrwigglestheworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonative
I already lost mine off the hitch once since I got it.
What happened?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in