New regulations involving the zebra mussel scare at Pueblo. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New regulations involving the zebra mussel scare at Pueblo.

Surprised the guys who rep pueblo hard, like walleye seeker hasn't posted this yet.

http://parks.state.co.us/NaturalReso...isanceSpecies/

not looking good, people. from what I understand after reading what I saw on FxE.com...

"The new proposed hours for Pueblo overnight fishing are from 04/15/09 to 10/15/2009 from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., with hours for the other months listed as 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. If you click on the link provided on the top of the Colorado State Parks home page you will be able to link to regulations proposed state wide and then particularly to Pueblo."

So much for flathead fishing this summer. if it passes, we will have another aurora reservoir.

They vote on the changes on feb. 20th... if I was all of you who love the lake, I would be emailing rob billerbeck and telling him your concerns.
LAKESTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: New regulations involving the zebra mussel scare at Pueblo.

Unfortunately this kind of knee-jerk stuff will continue until sportsmen get organized and vocal and I'm certainly not sure if that is enough. Couldn't they accomplish the same thing by simply requiring you to launch before a certain hour if you were going to nightfish?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

from what I understand... THE LAKE IS GONNA CLOSE TO EVERYONE, including night shorefishermen.

I'm sure some will try to justify it and agree, which will make me sad and angry that people think like this... but in a case like this, where will it end? soon most state parks will shut their gates.... I know why they are doing this, because pueblo is a water supply lake first and foremost, not a lake for outdoor enthusiasts.

which makes no sense to me because NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR HOW MANY STUPID RULES YOU MAKE, YOU WILL NOT STOP THE SPREAD OF THE ZEBRA MUSSELS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think there's a couple things confusing about the first post.....

The draft regulations have nothing to do with Pueblo - they are statewide draft regulations. The closing of Pueblo at night (TO BOATING ONLY) doesn't have anything to do with the draft proposal - at least I didn't see it when I read the draft.

Pueblo has been closed to boating until 11pm since December 1, 2008. This is the link under the "Pueblo Zebra Mussel Response Plan" paragraph in your link.

http://parks.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyre...Plan_Final.pdf
xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow we need to send some emails!!!!
We pay lots of money for this park and all state parks.
Could also hurt the local economy IMO.
boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

this is the first i have heard of this
Old 01-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Keep voting liberal.....Senate Bill 08-226.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Mayor

I just finished reading the bill, all of it.....

I can't imagine the impact not only on the average guy/gal out for a joy ride, to waterski or to fish, but the hardcore fisherpeople as well.... Endless hours of BS and if there's one little thing that gets the attention of "inspector/agent" or whatever they will be calling themselves, you'll have to get out of line, pull every freaking thing out of your boat, wash it with 140 degree water, pressure wash what you can, etc. Who's providing the hot water and power sprayers? I guess we are, and it will be reflected in higher fees and license costs..

And what about those who are hardcore boating anglers, that travel around the state, and even out of state? Seems like if you said yes to the question "have you had your vessel on any waters outside the state of Colorado in the last 30 days?" you would be subject to more intense scrutiny than if you simply said "no". It'll make liars out of a bunch of people.

Last, the impound/quarantine sections seem rediculous, your gonna take my boat from me right now and not give it back until you think its free of "ANS"... Sure, that works for everyone How about simply "you can't launch here today", it would piss people off, but better than impounding it IMO

The whole thing is a joke, and whoever wrote it obviuosly doesn't own a "vessel" of any type, and probably never will. It's mindless...

I'll be sending an email to Rob Billerbeck, not sure it will help tho :P
Old 01-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

First of all this whole thing really makes me mad, Imagine if you will this its the middle of summer 4:55 am Saturday morning you have all the regular fishermen that frequent the lake, you have a bass tournament of 20-30 boats, you have skiers that want to get an early jump and you (the state) are going to turn them loose on the boat ramp. They better plan on hiring guards to baby sit all those people because you are going to have confontations. Or you could just continue hiring the same amount of park rangers round the clock as they did last summer and things can stay the same, everybodys happy. And what about those people who pay the $$ to dock their boats @ the marina all summer, are they allowed to go out on the lake @ night anchor, sleep, party come back to their slip whenever they choose because they are not taking their boats out of the water. So do the people who pay for a slip have it better than the rest of us? Is the park going to pay rangers on boats to patroll the lake all night thats got to be expensive. I agree with the above post; once the muscles are in there is no way to get them out, and you can only regulate anything so much before people start getting pissed. The thing that frustrates me the most is by 5am in the summer the best opportunity to catch wipers is almost gone.
shaane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

you are right, we will be the ones to pay for it... and people will be glad to...

for christ's sake, people say that they would pay 200 a day to fish aurora....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in