Lon Hagler - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lon Hagler

Does anyone know if the Hag is open water?
stormpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Lon Hagler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormpower
Does anyone know if the Hag is open water?

Here is an exact quote from FishDr.............only a couple days old.

I had a couple of hours off work today so I optimistically grabbed the 'toon, a couple of swimbaits, and the swimbait rod for some deadsticking. I guess I should have brought the auger too! Carter was mostly frozen though there is a big patch of open water near the inlet, but at least 100 yds offshore. There is some open water (30 - 60' wide) extending from the N. ramp about 200 yds to the west.

Lonetree has a complete lid on it, but the ice looked very thin, sketchy, and pock-marked.

Lon Hagler also had a complete lid on it. It looked like someone had tried drilling a few test holes and gave up within 2 yds of the shore. I'd stay off the ice there as well.

Maybe I'll make the run south to see if I can't find somewhere to take the swimbaits swimming...they're itching to get wet!

mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

i was at Lon Hagler to day, there is quite a bit of open water. fire balls seem to be the choice bait. to bad i left mine at home. tried minnows no luck
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks fishon. I think I will head up there tommorrow.
stormpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

we where there yesterday and hammered the slimmers. choice of bait fathead minnows on slip bobber anywhere from 5 to 7 ft. deep. the secret make sure u can cast a couple of ft. pass the dropoff that you see from shore the fish seem to be cruising right around there. we caught fish all day kept our limit released the rest. i believe we caught around 60 to 70 fishes, but make sure there was some asses out there that kept casting over our lines, but i just laughed cause he still was'nt catching shit. he made it seem like the lake was only 1 acre big. alright don't want to complain about that guy but, hopefully this helps let me know if you need more info. also shocked me we had 4 of the slimmers that went 16 to 18 inches so there are some pretty nices ones in there. eace
fishseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

when i was out there Sat. i marked quite a few lunkers under the boat dock with my fish finder so i was trying to fish between the boat ramp and boat dock with flat head minnows and slip bobber but the wind was not helping and my line kept getting hung up on the dock and to many people on the other side of the dock. i should of packed up and went to the south side of the lake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in