LoneTree Walleyes? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default LoneTree Walleyes?

I just started fishing lonetree last summer when i first got my boat, and have done very well for LM bass. I also know that there are walleye in there as well and iv been lookin to get into some early action up there before the big bass bite hits. So has anybody done any good up there for walleyes in the past? If so when is the best time to go, and do the shallows produce during march into april like most of the other colorado walleye fisheries? any info would be greatly appreciated. %100 catch and release here and if u dont want to spill to much info send me a PM....thx guys

P.s. how are the walleyes so well fed, and what are they mostly feeding on? my best guess would be small perch?
colobassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: LoneTree Walleyes?

CatfishHuntr here. I've fished Lonetree since I was small and it has nice walleyes! The best time usually when we get in to them is late to mid spring. when they start really pumping water out of the outlet and running water in the north inlet.Along the rock shore in 3ft. to 12ft. of water.usually the bite really picks up an hour or two after sundown. we've had luck on lures but natural bait always works better at lonetree.Lonetree has an abundant supply of live bait in it fishing it is quite the challenge and always a favorite place to try for the wall mounter good luck and good fishing
CatfishHuntr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

The nicest eye I caught there was in the early morning while bass fishing. It hit a white/chartruse spinner bait. Then we were walleye fishing in the middle of the night, and caught a bass. Go figure. That's one lake I love to hate, the eyes seems to not like me there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

This lake has some hoss wallys in it that are well fed and tough to catch. I've fished it (from shore) and only pulled in three walleye from it. My best was a six pounder caght about 4:00 in the morning at the outlet canal on a black spinnerbait with gold willow blades.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

The best times I've found for wally's is in the middle of the night, we'll put on at 10 pm and stay the whole night, most bites come between 11-3 using shad rap's. I've caught a few during the day but never anything as big as at night. Our big fish is 32" and we catch alot of 20-28" fish.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

I use to fish there quite a bit. It is my son Josh favorite lake. But haven't been there in a couple of years.

It is a great Bass lake. I haven't caught any big Eye's there, but I have caught a couple of dozen eater size Eye's there. Tough lake!!!!!

At the mouth of the bay where the trees start, there a nice weed bed. I have had some success there using a slipbobber and a crawler. I have heard of some nice Eye's being caught by bass fisherman pitching into the timber!
Neal/CO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks for the info guys...lonetree is a tough mutha to fish..i think thats why i like it so much in a weird sorta way...maybe ill see some of you guys out there..good luck and good fishin..ill let you all know how things go
colobassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in