Highly Anticipated Heavy Weight Bout: Spin vs. Fly - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TopSlugger4
Default Highly Anticipated Heavy Weight Bout: Spin vs. Fly

Thought this would be fun--and hope it can stay that way....

I am volunteering to row two fisherman down the Blue River soon as the flow passes 350, one spin fisherman and one fly fisherman. I will be the judge that tallies fish totals, but you all will have to be the ultimate judge of deciding who cashed in with the biggest fish both from the wild trout water, and from Mr. Jones's pet fish.

Further, you will all be in charge of voting your representative from your selected party on the forum.

Here are the rules--Every hour, the guy in the front moves to the back and so on to keep it fair. The guy in the front calls the shots as to where we fish and for how long.

If this ends up starting a hostile battle between the two crowds--I'm scratching the idea...but if we can keep it civil and fun (cuz that's what fishing is) than I'm all for it...

Your thoughts/votes, etc...
TopSlugger4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Highly Anticipated Heavy Weight Bout: Spin vs. Fly

I vote for Cochise as the fly guy! He's probably the best all around fly guy on here.

Hmmm. Maybe Slayer as the spin guy??

Old 02-28-2009, 02:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

I say we make Slayer the flailer...
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I vote for sook as the spin fisherman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook
IM A ELITE SPIN FISHERMAN
Old 02-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaitMonkey®
I vote for sook as the spin fisherman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook
IM A ELITE SPIN FISHERMAN

I think its a cool idea. It would be interesting. I can tell you from experience....the guys I rowed down the Swan river in MT caught more fish when using spin gear.

I did this job for three summers and it sounds like the same thing you wanna do PD. We would take fly-fishermen or spin-fishermen out on a raft and row them down the river fishing. Generally, the guys throwing the panther martins caught more fish than anyone throwing flies or anything else. There were probably only 3 or 4 exceptions to this in all the three summers that I worked as a guide....

Granted....the months I worked were May-Sept and the fly-fishing seemed to be better on the front and tail ends of that time. Depending on the day, I can almost guarantee you that a spin fisher will get more on any given summer day.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

This is a really fun idea! I may be a fly guy but I think in just a numbers contest the spin guys will have the edge just cause they can cover so much water so fast. Either way it will be a cool contest.
ptaft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Instead of making it a numbers contest, make it a length contest. Simple measure each fish caught and add all the total lengths together. This will allow "Larger" fish to have more sway over the results.

Good Idea

bout time someone throws down a challenge....IMO
Old 02-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

I will be the Spin Guy. I will even pay for gas and help out on any other expenses. River spin fishing is what I do and would love to float the lower blue.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaft
This is a really fun idea! I may be a fly guy but I think in just a numbers contest the spin guys will have the edge just cause they can cover so much water so fast. Either way it will be a cool contest.
Heck beach the boat if you can and even up the contest that way giving the flailer more time to work a run or hole. I say eliminate anything that might bring up would of should of's.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
P I K E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaft
Heck beach the boat if you can and even up the contest that way giving the flailer more time to work a run or hole. I say eliminate anything that might bring up would of should of's.
I second this pick!!! Put Trout up against DOK as the flailer! Great idea PD!!! I'ld buy a ticket to watch this one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in