New to Colorado - Page 3 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: New to Colorado

Kram when the ice comes off get at me and i will get you out on the lake. I work on the academy have spent a bit of time at many of the local lakes, We could go for pike, bass, trout, panfish whatever.

For reference the academy pods are amazing as soon as the ice comes off. You could throw car keys and catch fish, its a great way to take the edge off.

Deadmans lake up by you is loaded with medicore sized crappie as well. They stock that one when there are events and generals coming in, be sure to watch your emails as often times these events are publicized.

The Kettle lakes have the largest fish but they are often rather difficult.

Good luck and welcome. I have about a year left here then the wife and I will most likely PCS to Eglin.

Oh and if you need volunteer credit hit me up as well, I can get you some hours.
daiwafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

thank you sir. its great to know that i can get help on these issues. ill definitely take you up on your word when the ice is gone. i have been to deadmans and its a great place to just relax. didnt know there were crappie in their though. i want to try to get some of those. i dont know where those other lakes kettle lakes are. thanks for the info.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Kettles are located at the south gate. THe road for pass and ID take it all the way back there are 3 reservoirs (ponds) there.

Then Ice lake is located if you take pine drive head in from the south gate you will come to a corner with a dirt road, follow it back cross the tracks and you will rin into the parking lot. That spot is touchy because if the train comes you will be stuck a while as it stops there across the opening. I ended up driving 3 miles on day on the hiking trail to get back to work..lol

daiwafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in