Burnt out on Bass fishing in Colorado - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burnt out on Bass fishing in Colorado

This is not meant as a bash thread I just wanted to see if any one else gets burnt out on the fishing here in Colorado.

The bass season is just getting ready to start and the more I think about it Im really not all that hyped,it seams like its the same old same old.I mean how many times can one fish the same water(Quincy) or the same little ponds and not get bored,there just isn't enough productive water IMO I hate to say it but I do get tired of catching dink bass and even 4-5 pounders seem weak anymore.

I guess it comes down to not having much new water to explore and not having a a good population of larger bass 7-10 pound bass.
grolsch man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkid119
Default Re: Burnt out on Bass fishing in Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grolsch Man
This is not meant as a bash thread I just wanted to see if any one else gets burnt out on the fishing here in Colorado.

The bass season is just getting ready to start and the more I think about it Im really not all that hyped,it seams like its the same old same old.I mean how many times can one fish the same water(Quincy) or the same little ponds and not get bored,there just isn't enough productive water IMO I hate to say it but I do get tired of catching dink bass and even 4-5 pounders seem weak anymore.

I guess it comes down to not having much new water to explore and not having a a good population of larger bass 7-10 pound bass.
I never get bored..
There are NUMBER of 7+ lb bass in quincy..
just a matter of time..

Good luck man.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yup....so much so that after 5 or 7 years of sitting on about 10 boxes of bass plastics and starting at them in the garage, I gave them to my step brother last April. He guides in CA so he was happy to take them and use them.
xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkats

i never hear of any of you guys coming out my way and trying to get into any bass out at neenoshe and neegronda

they both have nice sized bass
Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

dude you live in Colorado! there is a limited amount of bass water. this is a trout state. that doesn't mean there isn't bass water, but there is less of it. if you have truly fished all the bass water around(and i'll bet you haven't), maybe walleye, or cats or some other specie is something you should look into! enjoy where you live, after all it's COLORADO!

Jim
baetisrun1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sounds like you don't know where to look for bass in CO.

there's places in the front range and southeastern CO that will quickly change your mind. I told DBM this in another thread weeks ago.

only thing I will say is that with limited habitat, they aren't as smart as their midwest/southern counterparts. but there are big ones in CO.
LAKESTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

i just mix it up to keep things interesting. walleye one weekend, bass one trip, fly-fishing for a weekend. i would much rather live here than somewhere where all they have is bass.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm on the exact opposite path right now. I couldn't be more excited about bass fishing, but I've only begun getting into the different waters around the state. Maybe I'll see things differently in 10 years when I have figured a lot of them out already. You can always do what I did...joing a Bass club. Get a little competition from it and fish some tourneys. Turn your experience into a little cash and meet some new friends. This could possibly get your mood headed in the other direction.
jefwinn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grolsch Man

haha, I love it when I hear folks talk like that. My suggestion to you would be to stop fishing for bass all together. 4-5 pounders seem week, ahahahahah
muskieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

If you are really burnt out you and really care about Bass fishing, then you need to move my friend. If that is not in the cards for you then you should seriously consider competitive Bass fishing. Why not fish against the best in the state if you think you are above or past Bass fishing here? It will most likely change your mind real quick. And trust me, I know you can catch fish. I always wondered why you don't fish for cash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in