Do you want to know where your money is being wasted??? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do you want to know where your money is being wasted???

I found out yesterday while trying to leave 11-mile and I was pissed... So next time you hear there is not enough money for something think about this... ask them why money is being wasted on the stupid tags being put on the boats..

The yellow or green tags you get on your boat is a waste of time and money. I am sure ALOT of money was spent on these tags and alot of money is being spent on workers attaching the tags to your boat.. On my way out of 11-mile I stopped at the check station and asked about the tags that you can get on your boat for your next trip... I was told I can get a yellow tag if I plan on spending the night at the SAME lake and plan on going out in the boat the next moring... and can then skip the next days inspection by just having them cut the tag off... What sense does that make (put a tag, (WHICH COSTS MONEY< AND WE PAID FOR?) If your boat was on 11-mile all day, you go back to camp until the next day, why wase the tags when you are staying on the same body of water... If you dont get the yellow tag when you get off of the water, then you must get your boat inspected again before you go out again the next morning...Do zebra mussels migrate to land at night and attach to your boat while you are at camp?? Not only is this a waste of EVERYONES time, I am pissed that they would use OUR money on a tag attached to a boat for a few hours, then cut off and thrown away.... The second tag you can get is the green tag that allows you to go to any other lake and lets those inspectors know your boat was inspected when you left the last lake.. BUTTTTTT they still have to inspect the boat for standing water.... Howw does that make sense either way, you have to be inspected again, so once again our money is being wasted on useless tags that are cuttoff and thrown away... CANT THEY USE THAT MONEY ON SOMETHING BETTER?? I am tired of hearing them say there is no money when problems arise.....
fishinwithlund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Do you want to know where your money is being wasted???

They will never stop zebra mussels period. So its all a waste of money.

bomb,AK-47,mosque,abortion clinic,fertilizer,diesel fuel,AR15,infidel,water supply,al-qaeda, sniper,ricin,flight school...
crankn101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

they may not stop em, but would it be right if they don't try? isn't that our drinking water? I think there should be some attempt to hault the spread! if they get into the system, than we attempt to deal with the problem! untill then we need to do what we can to stop the spread!

Jim
baetisrun1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baetisrun1
they may not stop em, but would it be right if they don't try? isn't that our drinking water? I think there should be some attempt to hault the spread! if they get into the system, than we attempt to deal with the problem! untill then we need to do what we can to stop the spread!

Jim
? tell me how putting yellow tags on a boat that never leave the same body of water will help stop the spread IT DOESNT!!!!!! its a waste of our money on these tags..
Old 05-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinWithLund
Quote:
Originally Posted by baetisrun1

Jim
? tell me how putting yellow tags on a boat that never leave the same body of water will help stop the spread IT DOESNT!!!!!! its a waste of our money on these tags..
well come up with a better plan and offer it to the DOW! i'm sure they are willing to listen to other options!

jim
Old 05-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

i actually believe the tags are working great......although i was not so sure the first time i got one but that was when they first started the tags.
i think you were given wrong information. the yellow tag is good just about anytime you want to go back to the same park, not just the next day...the green tag is good just about anytime you want to go to any state park...
the important part is to keep your reciept...
just about every time i go i will have a couple boats in front of me getting inspected, one inspector will come to my truck, i'll give him my reciept he pulls my tag and verify i have my plug removed and then lets me go around the boats in in front of me getting inspected..very quick process. leaving is just as simple...

i agree it is a waste of time and money but they are getting much better about making the whole thing as painless as possible...
and the few times i have heard about out of state boats being inspected and actually finding ANS on them boats makes me believe it might just be worth the few extra minutes it takes me to get on the water or leave...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
They don't get paid enough to remember which boats come in and out each day or keep track whether the boat never left the park. The tag is an interim solution to let the boats track themselves.
dandba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

If you dont think birds can spread the zebra mussels, I want what your smokin. There confirmed in Pueblo and mountain lakes its too late.

bomb,AK-47,mosque,abortion clinic,fertilizer,diesel fuel,AR15,infidel,water supply,al-qaeda, sniper,ricin,flight school...
crankn101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankn101

If you dont think birds can spread the zebra mussels, I want what your smokin. There confirmed in Pueblo and mountain lakes its too late.

Who said that? maybe you should share what you are smoking since you are seeing things noone said?
Old 05-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankn101

Who said that? maybe you should share what you are smoking since you are seeing things noone said?
i think he is referring to his 1st post of this thread. he actually is agreeing with you!

Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in