Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Pueblo Water Level

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rivrunnr1 
#1 ·
What has the trend been in the last couple weeks? Steady/Rising/Falling?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Slowly dropping by my accounts. I think youll have good luck once the weather stabilizes. There are a ton still on beds...But they are spooky as can be. 10lbs and change won ours this weekend. That was me lol. Big was 3.1 not me lol.

Senkos dead sticked in 12-15ft worked more consistantly for me than beating the sight fish.

Ill add more later

#3 ·
daiwafan25 said:
Slowly dropping by my accounts. I think youll have good luck once the weather stabilizes. There are a ton still on beds...But they are spooky as can be. 10lbs and change won ours this weekend. That was me lol. Big was 3.1 not me lol.

Senkos dead sticked in 12-15ft worked more consistantly for me than beating the sight fish.

Ill add more later
Thanks Chris.

...and thanks for the link asher.

#7 ·
Not to highjack a tread but whats you're favorite water level for Pueblo. Personally, I like it better when its low. I find it easier to fish. I know high water in the spring makes for a better spawn but low water IMO concentrates the fish more.

Be interested in what others think.

#8 ·
kirbydog said:
Not to highjack a tread but whats you're favorite water level for Pueblo. Personally, I like it better when its low. I find it easier to fish. I know high water in the spring makes for a better spawn but low water IMO concentrates the fish more.

Be interested in what others think.
I absolutely HATE when Pueblo is low. Too easy for the fish to eat the shad IMO.

I have always had better luck in general when the lake is high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.