Boat ? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boat ?

Settle an argument for me please. My buddy insists that the plug for the boat has to be put in from the inside. It is a pain to get to. I say it can be put in from the outside, that it really doesn't matter as long as it is in there. What do you boaters think?
10 Gauge is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Boat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
Settle an argument for me please. My buddy insists that the plug for the boat has to be put in from the inside. It is a pain to get to. I say it can be put in from the outside, that it really doesn't matter as long as it is in there. What do you boaters think?
Outside is fine... Mine is plastic and hangs when out with a collar so it is always there.

If it one that has a L thing on it then just make sure that is facing up and not down.. My buddy has a lund and has lost a few as it gets pulled out. Tucked behind the hull so it isn't getting wash and no problems.
boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

The plug for my boat is not accessible from the inside without removing the floor and then snaking your hand around the gas tank. I suppose you could take a sawzall to the raised deck and get at it that way, but it's a bit hard on the back of the boat! Been plugging it from the outside and never had a problem. That's kind of why the plug is screwable, so you can adjust the width so it stays snug when in position. It's also why the boat has a bilge pump.

I keep the plug inside in my Gheenoe in Florida. There's no raised floor in that boat, so the plug is directly accessible. Nice to be able to pull it and drain the boat when it's on plane.

Anyway, it works both ways.

Best regards,

Dogwood
dogwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2009, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

I can access mine from the inside, so that's how I plug it. A couple years ago a friend and I met at A-Res where he brought his boat. He plugged it from the outside before leaving his house. You guessed it - true story - the plug fell out, prob from road vibrations, and he didn't check before launching. Luckily he had a spare plug and a bail bucket -
RichD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2009, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

i plug mine from the outside with no problems...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in