Float tube U-tube? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Float tube U-tube?

So my brother has been struggling with his tube for a while now. Has a hole near the stem. We have tried everything to fix it and it's a no-go. Does anyone know where to buy a U shaped tube anywhere? He has searched the net and local stores to no avail.

I'm tired of watching him blow his tube up every 5 minutes out on the res.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Float tube U-tube?

I've got links to them, I need to order a new one as well, mine is a caddis u shaped tube, what's Joel have? And they run about 35 bones, maybe we can put one order in to save on shipping.

http://www.shopoutdoors.com/floattubes.html

http://thefloattubestore.com/
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldkut
I've got links to them, I need to order a new one as well, mine is a caddis u shaped tube, what's Joel have? And they run about 35 bones, maybe we can put one order in to save on shipping.

http://www.shopoutdoors.com/floattubes.html

http://thefloattubestore.com/
Sounds like a good idea. Ill let joel know right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think joel has the caddis shaped tube. It's the one that goes all the way around.

Hey Andrew....Joel says he is down to order whenever you are. He is using his tube a lot lately too.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivrunnr1
I think joel has the caddis shaped tube. It's the one that goes all the way around.

Hey Andrew....Joel says he is down to order whenever you are. He is using his tube a lot lately too.
Which model does he have, they have the nevada U tube and the navigator U tube.....or others....I'll put the order in some time this evening. I need to get my tube fixed as well, I've been itchin to get it on the water and I had an inch wide gap leak on me at Aurora last year when I was just getting over 40ft of water.......I've never kicked my way to shore soo fast........seam leaks suck otherwise I'd have fixed it. Does he perfer poly or rubber, I know they have a couple of options.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:

Which model does he have, they have the nevada U tube and the navigator U tube.....or others....I'll put the order in some time this evening. I need to get my tube fixed as well, I've been itchin to get it on the water and I had an inch wide gap leak on me at Aurora last year when I was just getting over 40ft of water.......I've never kicked my way to shore soo fast........seam leaks suck otherwise I'd have fixed it. Does he perfer poly or rubber, I know they have a couple of options.
Looking at the pictures on the website, I believe he has the nevada style. His tube is just one big U and it looks just like that green nevada caddis on the website. I don't know if they have different sizes or whatever...and I don't think he has a preference on poly or rubber. Do you have a preference? Are they different prices?

You should come down and float tube with us at pueblo...we have done pretty well the past couple weeks and its only gonna get better...
Old 06-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Looking at the pictures on the website, I believe he has the nevada style. His tube is just one big U and it looks just like that green nevada caddis on the website. I don't know if they have different sizes or whatever...and I don't think he has a preference on poly or rubber. Do you have a preference? Are they different prices?

You should come down and float tube with us at pueblo...we have done pretty well the past couple weeks and its only gonna get better...
That would be pretty awesome, I still need to try out those new fins I won from the caption contest. I also have the nevada U tube, but it's the nevada gold, different color and one extra pocket on the back that is about un-usable. o you guys have fish finders on your tubes?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That would be pretty awesome, I still need to try out those new fins I won from the caption contest. I also have the nevada U tube, but it's the nevada gold, different color and one extra pocket on the back that is about un-usable. o you guys have fish finders on your tubes?
I have a crappy fishfinder that I bring sometimes. Lately we have been getting fish fairly shallow though so I don't bring it much. You are just gonna get the tubes right....not the whole package? If so, ill let Joel know you are ordering. He sounds excited
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have a crappy fishfinder that I bring sometimes. Lately we have been getting fish fairly shallow though so I don't bring it much. You are just gonna get the tubes right....not the whole package? If so, ill let Joel know you are ordering. He sounds excited
Just the tubes, in fact I'll get one poly and one rubber and we can see the differences and Joel can take his pick. Mark(Aabner on here), hardley posts as he is in Korea, uses a regular hummingbird fish finder and two 6v batteries that are about 2"x2"x2" in size, in series to make 12v, runs his finder very nicely that way and they use almost no batteries on a 6 hour float.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Just the tubes, in fact I'll get one poly and one rubber and we can see the differences and Joel can take his pick. Mark(Aabner on here), hardley posts as he is in Korea, uses a regular hummingbird fish finder and two 6v batteries that are about 2"x2"x2" in size, in series to make 12v, runs his finder very nicely that way and they use almost no batteries on a 6 hour float.
Sounds good!

Yeah my finder is a crappy $50 one. I pretty much only use it for depth. Sometimes it shows the fish, but that only matters if I am jigging straight down. I usually cast out a ways....better results most of the time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in