Advice fishing in CO - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice fishing in CO

Howdy all - I'm going to be visiting family in Colorado Springs this summer, and want to go out fishing.

I've done a little research and both Antero and Crystal Creek Res seem like good places to try. Does anyone have any advice they would like to share for those lakes (location, bait/lure, etc...) I'll be bank fishing w/ a spinning outfit, and target trout.

Suggestions of other places to fish are also welcome.

Thanks much
natenez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Advice fishing in CO

Trout.....

Anywhere in South Park. Antero is great...Spinney....11mile....Tarryall.

I would recommend Antero. Take some krocodiles and kastmasters. Brown tube jigs will do well too.

If you fly-fish....that's a no brainer. You will catch MASS fish on a fly up there.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivrunnr1
Trout.....

Anywhere in South Park. Antero is great...Spinney....11mile....Tarryall.

I would recommend Antero. Take some krocodiles and kastmasters. Brown tube jigs will do well too.

If you fly-fish....that's a no brainer. You will catch MASS fish on a fly up there.
Concur with Antero if you flyfish, especially out of a boat, tube, or toon. Fished it for years from a tube, and my observation is that the bank fishing is great right after ice out, and gets progessively poorer when the bugs start to come out (like they are now).
sswan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just read this post and hope you haven't completed your trip yet. My suggestion for a quick trip while in Colorado Springs is the North Catamount Reservoir on the Pikes Peak Recreation Area. To get there take the Pikes Peak Tollroad and at the toll gate tell them that you are going fishing only and the cost will be $4. Fishing from shore is easy and the lake is flies and lures only. Lures, such as Kastmasters work well as does a fly and bubble rig with a wooly bugger or other wet flies of your choice using a spinning outfit. Good luck!!
nsims is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in