Some New Mexico Folks had a great time at Pueblo - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Some New Mexico Folks had a great time at Pueblo

Hello to all and especially to Walleye Seeker (Byron);

Ten of us "World's Greatest Fishermen" (<=somewhat dubious title :-) from Albuquerque had a great time fishing Pueblo Reservoir this past week. We get together like this about once a year and this year decided on Pueblo. We're mainly walleye chasers and Pueblo was certainly accommodating. We caught a slew of "cookie cutters" (as Byron calls them) 17.5 to 17.9 inchers, but managed to catch enough keepers for a good fish fry on Wednesday night. Quite a few Wiper and Crappie fillets went into the oil as well. A 16 ˝” rainbow trout at the south end of the dam was a surprise catch for me. He seemed to have the same attitude as the 4# wiper I caught in the same area.

I met Byron out at Conchas about 4 years ago or so and we’ve been email pals ever since. When he heard I was coming, he offered to come fish with us for three of our days and even took one of our party out with him to show some of the good spots. I’m sure Byron didn’t disclose ALL of his good spots since he was fishing in the tournament this past weekend BTW Byron how’d you do in the tourney?

It was a pleasure meeting ItsaBigUn and Byron’s partner Mike also.

On Edit: Sheesh, I forgot to mention that Bob Nagle also came by and fished with us some and pointed us to some good spots. Thanks much Bob.

I may have to stop by this fall and see how many of those cookie cutters fattened themselves to 18 plus!

You Pueblo folks are sure lucky to have such a premier fishing spot so close. We’ve got to drive about 125 miles to get our lines in walleye water.

Next year we’re thinking about McConaughy Lake in Nebraska. We’ll be sure to toot the horns as we pass through Pueblo.

George in Albuquerque

BTW: I’ll keep to myself our comments regarding the Zebra Mussel inspection operation. However, the inspector job is on my list right behind Walmart Greeter. I also won’t comment on the $50 I have to contribute to Colorado State Parks for forgetting to put a third life vest in my boat on Thursday :P.
ABQGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Some New Mexico Folks had a great time at Pueblo

Welcome to the forum George. i had a great time fishing with you guys, even if the worlds greatest fisherman like to sleep in and dont like wind and rain he he he. if you can find the time for a long weekend this fall, just give me a shout, you can even bring Mike because he dosn't lie. i know that Coleman (itsabigun) and Mike (earplug ) would love to fish with you guys.

Mike and i didn't do very well, Coleman and his partner Pete ( pueblo fisherman ) did a little better but we were all out of the money. the only thing we won was door prizes, Pete won 2 fishing rods, Coleman won a life jacket, Mike won a case of beer, and i won a fishing reel. you can catch my report in fishing reports by walleye seeker.

don't be a lurker on here George, send us some of those great NM reports, you just might find a Colo group of great fisherman invading your waters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in