New Dock at the Q and blowin up the spot. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Dock at the Q and blowin up the spot.

So I read on that other forum about Quincy putting a new dock that is supposed to be further out in the water. I think they should forget the dock (even though it will be great to pitch jigs at now that it will go out into deeper water,that's if they even let you get close to the thing) and pave a concrete ramp. A new ramp would be better IMO and they should let people back their trailers in the water.it make no sence at all that you can't do it at the Q but you can at A-town.

Also I realize that I have no control over people but give me a break, people on FE.com are always blowin up the spot, they need to keep that ish on the down low, at least don't name the body of water or blurr your back ground out in the pic.

Oh well what can you do?
grolsch man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: New Dock at the Q and blowin up the spot.

ehh, smaller body of water. i think it's just one more thing that cuts down on boat traffic and that isn't a bad thing.

you back in force for fishing this year?
marledge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
tc

Default Re: New Dock at the Q and blowin up the spot.

The new dock will be paid for by a federal grant, not by the city of Aurora. The grant was specifically for the dock so the t city cannot use that money for a ramp improvement. Anyway, because you can't put your trailer in the water, a concrete ramp would not be a good thing at the Q. When you slide your boat off of the trailer and the aft hits the ground, can you imagine how difficult it would be if the ramp were concrete and had no give to it? Could do some damage to your boat and would be way more difficult to launch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in