Lake Arbor/Banner Lakes - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lake Arbor/Banner Lakes

Man am I addicted to this site.* Anyways fellow fisherman/fisherwoman, I wanted to yet again ask some more questions.

1.* has any one fished lake arbor in Westminister lately and do you know if you can night fish there?

2.* Has anyone ever fished Banner Lakes in Hudson lately and had any luck or ever had any luck?* I hunt ducks there and always see fish in all* the ponds.* Any info would be greatly appreciated.
gotmusky? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: Lake Arbor/Banner Lakes

Musky....
I've hunted waterfowl there and have seen fish too! I've always wanted to try those lakes for bass. Per the CDOW, the state record sacramento perch was caught there years ago. I am hoping to catch one of those. The sacramento perch is a fish that's on my "haven't yet caught" list.

My only worry is that the sac-town perch aint there no more. I bet there are some big bass in those ponds though. Too bad we can't fish the north half of HWY 52 until summer.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Lake Arbor...closes at 11PM, non-motorized boats only. (ref: Fishing Close to Home)

I've fished Lake Arbor a few times and been dissapointed for the most part. It is a "decent" size lake in a nice park setting...great for family fishing if they could get some more fish in there besides carp.

I have pulled a few largemouth out of here on small spinners. Nothing of any real size. There are also some crappie, bluegill and catfish in small numbers. TIFWIW

My blog rocks!!!
Mattsabasser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have lived at Lake Arbor for about 30 years. Fishing has been terriable ever since it was drudged, about 10-15 years ago. Ever since then the water has become very murky and will not clear up. Not worth fishing anymore. Oh, unless you want to catch bunch of Carp. Then you can have a pretty good time.
poperob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

I haven't fished Lake Arbor yet this year. I did last year though, a lot because its so close to home. I caught a lot of channel cats there, two that were about 8 lbs each. I caught every one of them between the hours of 7:30 and 10:30 am. Never caught a single carp there, even though it is loaded with them. Yeah, the water does get murkey at times, on days that its like that i don't fish there. I do get live crawdads there for bait If Im going someplace to fish the next day.
koni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in