So how do you use these things - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default So how do you use these things

I went to BPS and walked around the soft plastic area near the back. Then, I walked to the isle to the left and I saw tons of road runners/marabou jigs. they were $1.29. Then, I turned around the corner, and there was a pack of 10 marabou jigs for $1.69. I bought 1/8oz red/white/white. Where and how do you guys have luck using them, if any luck.
         ><>         <><           <><

I like Fish <><
jpt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: So how do you use these things

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1016
Then, I turned around the corner, and there was a pack of 10 marabou jigs for $1.69. I bought 1/8oz red/white/white. Where and how do you guys have luck using them, if any luck.
Old school!! Marabou jigs are one of the great lures of all time. Like a tube jig, you almost cannot fish them wrong. Cast them, jig them vertically, swim them, hop them, crawl them, fast, slow, retrieved under a bobber, fished through the ice, tipped with a minnow, tipped with a worm---

I think they're about the most versatile lure there is. They'll catch everything.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofindyourowndamnfish
Quote:
Then, I turned around the corner, and there was a pack of 10 marabou jigs for $1.69. I bought 1/8oz red/white/white. Where and how do you guys have luck using them, if any luck.
Old school!! Marabou jigs are one of the great lures of all time. Like a tube jig, you almost cannot fish them wrong. Cast them, jig them vertically, swim them, hop them, crawl them, fast, slow, retrieved under a bobber, fished through the ice, tipped with a minnow, tipped with a worm---

I think they're about the most versatile lure there is. They'll catch everything.
Marabou has AWESOME action, it really looks alive in the water. Good score!
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Roadrunners catch all kinds of fish.
trotline jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I tried hopping them along the bottom at aurora to no avail. I did however manage to scrape off the paint off the top of the jig head. There had to be a reason that these were so cheap they have a whole row of these, and when I first saw them I thought it was $1.69 per each jig (because it comes with a cardboard thingy with 10 jigs stapled down on it indivudually packaged). It's a bps brand so thats why they are so cheap but they have a lot a lot a lot of these. I think they were actually 1.99 but thats like 20 cents a jig!!! If I have luck with these...
         ><>         <><           <><

I like Fish <><
Old 09-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Red-white-white is a great color combo in a marabou jig. Keep the faith. If they were that cheap then chances are they were tied with cheap hooks. You may need to touch up the hook points.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
There had to be a reason that these were so cheap they have a whole row of these, and when I first saw them I thought it was $1.69 per each jig (because it comes with a cardboard thingy with 10 jigs stapled down on it indivudually packaged).
yeah buddy, they are 1.69 a piece. you are supposed to take them off the cardboard back.
marledge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

LOL I need to take some tips on shopping for fishing gear from that guy! Who ran the register that day?

Catch a good crappie bite and you'll need all those maribous. I had a bunch of 'em turned into ragged messes back in July.
mriddell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

No, the ones on the shelf are, but the ones on the back said on the barcode: "Marabou jigs 10 pack. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults There<<<it says at the bottom of the paragraph comes in ten pack and its $1.99

Also, all ten come sealed in a plastic thingy around all the cardboard and all the individually wrapped jigs.
&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &gt;&lt;&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;&gt;&lt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;&gt;&lt;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
I like Fish &lt;&gt;&lt;

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in