DOW Bashing/In Fighting on the site. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default DOW Bashing/In Fighting on the site.

Ban me if you like but I feel this needs to be said. The time to sugar coat your approaches seems to me to have gone. Step back and look at what they are doing to your states trophy fish.

Just look at it? How as any kind of sportsman can you not be sickened by the new regs? I dont care if your a trout fisherman, "greenie" (favorite term), bass fisherman, chub lover, PETA advocate, unfrozen caveman lawyer whatever....

Seriously they are allowing the eradication of a species under the scapegoat that IT IN ITSELF is the downfall of all other species in any body of water they fall in...All pike must die!! Big Macs kill everything they must die...Oh and its brought to you by the people that cant seem to A. Stock the right endangered fish,,,,and B. see the logic in stocking a self sustaining species into NON NATIVE WARM WATER RES's

What kind of blind un-scientifically based witch hunt is going on here. Show me some improvements at the Yampa and PROVE to me that it was pike removal that fixed it all.

I read on here and see people whine that these type of statements are crazy rantings that dont get the point across. What is it going to take? Sitting quietly in your chairs with your hands raised has done what exactly? Show me how it has IMPROVED the "trophy" fishery of anything in the state. For gods sake look at what you have for a minute.

These are WORLD CLASS pike and WORLD CLASS Macs,,,and they are eradicating them for what? To help the native species that have been incorrectly stocked? To appease elitist 3wt fisherman that only want hand sized trout? To uphold the Mr. Magoo like vision that Colorado is a trout fisherman only state?

The fact of the matter is MAN has created the reservoirs that have altered the environment. Man has created an environment IN THESE RESERVOIRS that is more suited for GASP the species that are in fact thriving in them. Why is this a shocker and a travesty. None of these bodies of water are native why should we eradicate the animals that have adapted and thrived in the changes we have made?

I fully understand the "need" to keep native species in the chain. Dont get me wrong these native species are important just for the fact of species survival and to keep the environment as close to natural as possible. But the bottom line is for humans to survive you need reservoirs...So this is where your at...I dont care what you do unless you drain and poison the res these fish WILL be there. Whatever you do it will not kill them all and 5 years from now youll be blaming it on something else. The fact of the matter is WE have created an environment that is better suited for these fish to grow than others. They are here to stay and its obvious the anglers want them so why fight it?

And exactly WHO are these fisherman whos opinions are so greatly influencing what it is that is going on here? Please if your on the site step forward and show us. Because I met only 1 person in all my time in Colorado that was as wasteful and short sited as these regulations...And you got to watch me eat trout sushi after you stabbed and dumped your pike...

Guys im not trying to be a ranting lunatic but what I see is the systematic removal of your rights as paying anglers. The DOW should be held accountable to show the data that these regs and changes are in fact what the fisherman want. Warm water, cold water, bass, pike, trout, turtle I dont care what you support you need to step up and be heard. I have yet to SEE where these "votes" and "opinions" are coming from.

What sickens me most is at the rate things are going other than maybe the RMA and a few select bodies of water, you will all be fighting for 8" cutbows in a decade...and to top it all off youll have approximately 150 yards of water in which to fish them in because the state allows people and private organizations to close off every viable piece of water in the state to fit the needs of exclusive owners or parties that feel that just because they wear a patch that says "im special" and pay a membership fee that all water should be off limits to the common folk.

Say im ranting go ahead, say that this has no business on the site, but mark my words its coming, I watched it for 4 years. Slowly pissing it all away while you infight about semantics and the "proper PC approach" to the situation. My suggestion is get this out on a national scale. And get in gear and protest this stuff. Because before you know it they are going to regulate you into fishing the fountains at the mall, but itll be a pay site and the space is limited....
daiwafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: DOW Bashing/In Fighting on the site.

I agree with your overall outlook/opinion. I'm sure a few of those shot were taken at me for tell ICE he was a ranting lunatic I agree with you because you do not post this ranting on a regular basis. You are easier to take seriously.

The regs against the trophy macs and Pike are ridiculous and I am concerned about the future of trophy fishing in Colorado. I wouldn't fish at all if there wasn't a chance for a trophy fish every time I went out. It seems that the DOW is catering to the meat hunters and small stream enthusiast. Something needs to be done for sure. Petition? Go to the news? Hopefully this thread will head in a positive direction.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Dude, well said. And I hate to tell you this, but not too far from being... PC!

There are no simple solutions to complex problems, but getting steam-rolled does not help the situation.

Cheers!
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Its not just about ICE I have no idea who he is, infact I dont know most of you. There are a handful on here that know me, and some know me well.

Im not even in the state anymore. But I have a passion for fisheries and have many friends that still live there. In your statement is the key problem.

Who gives a crap what happens in this thread. Someone there that has some passion and understanding of this needs to help organize and take the time to MAKE something happen before its too late.

If this is more than a casual weekend a year thing for people on here, you all are the ones that need to look at the severity of what is happening.

I mean for gods sake the least the DOW could do is shock these brood fish out during the spawn and put them in the small metro lakes and ponds so that kids could catch a fish of a lifetime rather than pissing it away to some jughead with a bow or pointy stick.

daiwafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Im sad that Off Topic sentiment has spilled into other categories...Isn't there an election somewhere we can discuss?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am 71 years old and have been fishing Colorado since I can remember and fishing in Colorado is better now than it has ever been and I fish for all species even carp and suckers. I have got to go now as I am going sucker fishing to get some laker bait.

trotline jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

The funny thing about the down with the DOW crowd is they never seem to care about the next generations of fisherman....Just themselves. Political bs posts whining about the DOW takes up a lot of room on this forum. Some people only post on this kind of stuff instead of enjoying the best part of Colorado Fisherman which is sharing stories with other anglers. Not trying to figure out who's plotting to kill every trophy fish in the state.

I'm not saying there isn't a place for constructive talks about helping the DOW realize anglers across the state are very diverse and should all be giving at least a few bodies of water managed for them. Will that happen with a buch of crazies posting all over about how dumb and misguided the CDOW is....No. That makes you come across as a special interest group that won't be happy until your needs are met.
dieseldoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm assuming some of the people on the front lines of these issues actually make contact with people that can help them. Not bitch and whine on a public forum.

I made a post about a kids lake a few days ago, and it only recieved a few replies. If you really care about the future of fishing in Colorado it starts with our children. I know everyone bitches and whines about the mighty stocker trout, but I'll tell you one thing they always put a smile on my sons face. Which will eventually lead him into chasing bigger fish, and more importantly teaching his son the joys of fishing. No drama....Just loving the outdoors and all the different places and species we get to target in this great state. The DOW does have a few issues, but I don't know to many other places you can totally change everything about the body of water your fishing with just an hours drive.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

I guess instead of all that I could have said s#@t or get off the pot. Go do something whining on the internet won't do a thing.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldoctor
Go do something whining on the internet won't do a thing.
As big of a fan I am of not whining, I totally disagree with you. I, for one, wouldn't even know about these issues if I wasn't a part of this forum. I have a feeling that the same applies to at LEAST 90-95% of the rest of the forum as well.

You need the masses to help with a big issue like this. One person will do nothing.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in