Pueblo Dam face - buoys. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pueblo Dam face - buoys.

Just a warning... Fishing in my boat outside the buoys on the north side of the face of the dam last Thursday. Guy pulls up on north side causeway and tells me I'm fishing illegally. Ask me for my boat reg. number and then tells me to goto south boat ramp to talk to park ranger. Get over there and tell the ranger what transpired. .... never crossed the buoy line that is set up on the res. side of the dam and I believe KEEP OUT buoys were the boundary. He (Scott or Steve Senior - cannot remember his first name) goes back to guy in truck who told me to goto south marina and they let me off with warning. (I'm thinking, warning for what? For boundary buoys not being placed properly.) Anyway, I spent some time talking with the park ranger and he admitted that buoys should be the boundary but due to low water they may have shifted. Another gray area is the buoys on rocks - they should be moved out and not be up on the rocks. All in all, Scott was very logical and rational about the hassle - really did appreciate it.

I've seen some fairly famous posters fishing on the face of the dam - be careful. There is someone with an ax to grind.
kenai999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Pueblo Dam face - buoys.

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fis...?topic=81309.0
Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good info...bad way to learn it and pass it on. I have not fished anything east of ship rock in a month or more and still getting some eater eyes. Call me if you want details.
setthehook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Good advice. I rarely fish around there for that reason but I do fish the dam on occasion. Rangers will drive out onto the dam if you hang around there so I wouldn't recommend it. Once they came out to greet us and were dicks saying we couldn't fish near the rocks but didn't send us to the marina. Rocks too? wtf? I think if you stay outside the bouys, then there shouldn't be any problems. I've seen them hassling people including idiots who walk out on the rocks. They need to figure out life and either move to bouys or quit harassing people if they come near. The whole terrorism thing is retarded. You should be able to walk on the rocks if you want. If they are worried about somebody blowing up the dam, you know how easy it would be to do that at night?

Dummies.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Do you know what type of detonation it would take to blow away the dam along the rocks? It would be a low yield nuclear devise and I doubt any terrosit would walk the rocks at night to blow up the dam at Pueblo Reservoir. I'm sure there are at least a million other sites they'd use it on. Too many Barney Fife types, how about a little common sense. That's been lost on Homeland Security, just look at the TSA fiasco.

Sorry to hear about the trouble when all you're doing is trying to enjoy a day on the lake fishing. Its incidents like this and across the country that give terrorists satisfaction knowing they have disrupted our way of life and there are dopes around who feed right into it.
blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish
Do you know what type of detonation it would take to blow away the dam along the rocks? It would be a low yield nuclear devise and I doubt any terrosit would walk the rocks at night to blow up the dam at Pueblo Reservoir.
Agreed....but I am saying that it would be super easy to drive a boat to the concrete at night and/or walk along the dam to get to the concrete and plant an explosive. It would be like taking candy from a baby. All these "measures" are pointless and just screw everyone over...especially shore fishermen who want to fish the rocks. I agree with you.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I believe there are signs on the dam face that say 'no fishing within500 ft". These signs, I am guessing take precedence over any buoys. Also, I agree that the terrorism thing has been blown way out of proportion and doesn't make alot of sense.

Advice. Wise men don't need it, fools won't heed it.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
tc

It's just another example of a way over-staffed government agency trying to justify their existance. If there is no "crisis", they would have no job. Govt needs to get the heck off my back!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

The bottom line is stay 500' back and you won't have a problem... There are so many places that produce just as many or more fish that I will never understand how anyone would push the envelope to fish that area... If you wanna fish a flat face, go just east of shiprock and cast you can get just as close...

My point is, instead of hassling with rangers, either stay 500' away, or just fish the countless other areas.. it aint that hard.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've been against "the dam rule" since day one. Idiots...I doubt the terrorists are gonna revert from a plane loaded with fuel to a backpack. A dam in any lake is a unique piece of structure...and fish know it. Dams are a great place to land trophies in most lakes due to the cover of rock for baitfish and crawdads and the reletivity to deep water...sure there are other places that hold fish...but laying down and accepting the stupid law is as good as pulling down our pants and bending over. Its time the government stops thinking with its richard and starts using their heads.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in