blue mesa lake trout tourney - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default blue mesa lake trout tourney

Ok, I've got an idea for a privately sponsored winter long ice fishing tourney for sub 24" lakers at Blue mesa. Rules: up for ideas but must have some sort of absolute proof from blue mesa. No large fish allowed. All the heads will be collected and froze and taken to the dow next spring to show them what the anglers can do in an attempt to stop the netting. What do you think? with no limit it could get interesting. We would have someone there locally that would collect and document catches.
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: blue mesa lake trout tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain shuyak
Ok, I've got an idea for a privately sponsored winter long ice fishing tourney for sub 24" lakers at Blue mesa. Rules: up for ideas but must have some sort of absolute proof from blue mesa. No large fish allowed. All the heads will be collected and froze and taken to the dow next spring to show them what the anglers can do in an attempt to stop the netting. What do you think? with no limit it could get interesting. We would have someone there locally that would collect and document catches.
I think it's a great idea! It would show the DOW that anglers can do the job of thinning, can do it with little or no cost to the DOW, and can do it in a way that spares the big fish.

Good idea, Steve.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a real hard time killing anymore lake trout out of Blue Mesa, I feel that they lied and decieved the anglers of colorado, sorry but I will not take the high road on this one. Word on the street is that they killed multiple 30+ lbers in the nets this fall. Nope I'm back to releasing all lake trout in Blue Mesa
Bobco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobco
I have a real hard time killing anymore lake trout out of Blue Mesa, I feel that they lied and decieved the anglers of colorado, sorry but I will not take the high road on this one. Word on the street is that they killed multiple 30+ lbers in the nets this fall. Nope I'm back to releasing all lake trout in Blue Mesa
just an idea Bobco to stop the netting and maybe a little premature, let us know if you can get ahold of the netting reports for the year.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

maybe keep them alive and bring them over to Lake Dillon. Like the "bucket brigade" guys that illegally dumped perch in Blue.
To bad the D.O.W hates Lakers. Perhaps Lake Trout could be the solution to reviving lake dillon? I mean WTF?? Arctic Char?....I think lakers would do a better job on the mysis than those 5 inch arctic char.
Fordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ya I sure wish they would relocate the bigger ones to some of the other lakes in the state as well! I also think that the anglers of the state could put a big dent into the laker population without the cdow but if we did do something like you mention they wouldnt stop they will just keep on going so then we would have the damage of what theyve done plus us! I say the hell with em they cant net them all and we should all continue releasing them back! I still cant believe it 38" wtf, i'm pissed!!
hawg seeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

you would think they would relocate the lakers to taylor res , its managed as a trophy laker lake , so why not put them in there rather then killing them
kokaneeking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in