Bps carbonlite rods. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bps carbonlite rods.

Finally got to see what the fuss is all about regarding micro guides. There is definitely a different feel versus conventional guides. It wont be long before every major rod company will be offering these micro mini pimp guides!
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Bps carbonlite rods.

I bought a medium/fast 6'6" carbonlite spinning rod and tried casting various weight lures. Light as a feather. Wish I would have gotten the medium light version, a bit too stiff for my purposes.
dropshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Since the topic was brought up, has anyone had experience with the micro guides. I'm looking at getting one (haven't put my hands on one) but can you still throw braid with a leader tied on without the knot catching on the guides, are they big enough to allow that knot to rip through?
shaane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

That depends on the size of the knot. Lol!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

I use one of the smallest knots available, not the smallest, but it's really close and I have no problems with it. It will pass through a size 3.5 titanium framed SiC micro. What size are the guides on the carbonlite?
koldkut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Andrew...not sure offhand what size the carbonlite guides are but they have a pretty large inside diameter compared to other similar production rods I looked at.(bassmojo/skeetreese/etc) Most of the micro-guide rods don't work for me when fishing the cold temps that I fish late and early in the season but the carbonlite guides do as well as I could hope for in temps 25deg and below. Have fished it down well into the single digits without noticeable problems over larger guides.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solesearcher34
Andrew...not sure offhand what size the carbonlite guides are but they have a pretty large inside diameter compared to other similar production rods I looked at.(bassmojo/skeetreese/etc) Most of the micro-guide rods don't work for me when fishing the cold temps that I fish late and early in the season but the carbonlite guides do as well as I could hope for in temps 25deg and below. Have fished it down well into the single digits without noticeable problems over larger guides.
Probably size 5's if they look small but don't give folks fits. Disc, you should see the titanium framed 3.5's I've been using on Kurt's stuff......even lighter.
koldkut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

I also just purchased the 6'6'' medium light BPS Carbonlite with the Core50, and couldn't be happier. Took a little getting use to, and found i didn't need to cast as hard to get as much or more distance with 1/8 oz lures. Was practicing in the Deckers area and once the air warmed up a little those microguides really did keep any twisting around the tip down to nothing, and freezing up was any different than my brothers pole and the old fashion guides. Can't wait for open water and the light jig bite this spring, cause I'm pretty sure this will become my favorite rod and reel combo.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yes, the 1st generation Carbonlite is an awesome rod for the money, but if I'm not mistaken discloco is specifically discussing the new & improved Carbonlite only available in the trigger style:

"When the fish have lockjaw and you really have to work for every bite, this is your rod. We took our popular CarbonLite™ Original Trigger Rod and shot its sensitivity right through the roof! We’ve replaced the original guideset with extreme-high tech Pac Bay micro guides—11 perfectly-calibrated, stainless steel guides plus tiptop, all with hard Hialoy inserts. These tiny guides precisely focus the flow of your line, eliminating slap and greatly increasing vibration transmission. And with all possible excess weight trimmed away, you get an almost superhuman sense of feel. So if that fish so much as breathes on your bait…Give it a try!"
http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...rodDescription

Makes me want to buy another baitcaster lol!
fishaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discloco
Finally got to see what the fuss is all about regarding micro guides. There is definitely a different feel versus conventional guides. It wont be long before every major rod company will be offering these micro mini pimp guides!
Did you get one yourself? Did you get a feel for how it compares to the original?
fishaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in