Come on State Park...this is ridiculous & a double standard. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Come on State Park...this is ridiculous & a double standard.

Today is the Flyfishing tournament on the Arkansas river through Pueblo. Which I personally believe is just awesome, good luck to all who fish it!

Now to the State Park. What gets me is this; on my way back from duck hunting this morning, I noticed the Parks is letting anglers for the tournament park in the closed to the public Valco ponds area. Which also means the Parks is letting anglers walk through the closed to the public State Parks lands around the Valco ponds. For all intents and purposes: any other angler, at any other time, even just walking though the area--or parking along hwy-96--would get ticketed by the Parks (which has been happening as of late). If I was caught just bird watching, or walking to fish the river, in this area, I would get a ticket (no ifs, ands, or buts). This is a idiotic double standard--if there is a regulation restricting access, which there is, then it should apply to everyone, at all times. I have to walk down or up stream (which I am fine with), as does every other angler who fishes that section of river, any other time of year. There should be no exception. Period.

D.J.

Hobby: defeating the progressives...
djfisherman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Come on State Park...this is ridiculous & a double standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Gillis
Damn.....you're ghey.
Instructions: come down during a weekday, park or walk through that section, someone will call the State Park on you...and you can tell the officer that while receiving a ticket. Repeat as necessary...

D.J.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

You're right, double standard. People walking on old Valco batch plant site today, no problem. Try it Monday. Oh, and it isn't one or three vehicles it's many, with even a parking attendant.
The closed/no trespassing signs on Valco ROW fence must only be enforced upon a special group only!!!!

Brooks
brooks264 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Here ya go, DJ~

Some cheese to go with your whine.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

i agree with dj, i walked quite a way through some muddy shiz to get up by valco, just to get my fish on its fine though, i just can't wait to see that part open.

and one more thing i noticed walking yesterday... across the valco bridge, there is a huge empty pond. facing the river is private property signs, but on the side of the sign your not supposed to see, is the fishing regulations for the river........ why the hell would they waste our fisherman dollars on shit were not even supposed to see? these signs run for at least 500 yards, one every 20 yards.... Pointless...
dyinghero27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
njh

They also opened it up a couple of years ago for a weekend archery shoot as well.
And yes most definitely a double standard.
njh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofindyourowndamnfish
Here ya go, DJ~

Some cheese to go with your whine.

No thanks....but I'll take some wine with my Laker fillets. Check [mate] please.

D.J.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Mayor

DJ,

Sorry.....

Maybe the event organizers PAID for the right to park and access the site? Maybe they didn't? It is, however, an EVENT, where CSP can accomodate an EVENT that THEY sanctioned.

Sour Grapes doesn't even come close, BIGGEST WHINER OF THE CENTURY doesn't come close...

Good Grief, pick a fight that means something. If I had a smiley of a whining pig I'd put it here a thousand times

Really....

Dumb
Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

i agree with you DJ the rules are for everyone all the time
Old 01-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye seeker
i agree with you DJ the rules are for everyone all the time
No, they are not. There are exceptions to every rule, and if the State wants to open various spots at Valco for a fishing tournament, so be it. They can do the same thing anywhere else in the state.

This is not a double standard, nor is it a big deal. Monday, it will be business as usual down there....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in