Anybody out there use the Daiwa Megaforce "Twitchin Bar" baitcaster? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anybody out there use the Daiwa Megaforce "Twitchin Bar" baitcaster?

I know there's plenty of online reviews, but I'd also like to discuss this here. I bought this new on clearance for $6 with free line. I'm trying to decide between keeping it or selling on ebay. How many of you use this baitcaster & find the twitchin bar effective for finessing worms or maybe even subtle twitches with a jerkbait? I did see some bad feedback about the twitchin bar breaking, but also saw plenty of fans of this unique reel. $6 bucks ain't bad, eh? It's a tad heavy at 9.4oz, yet plenty fast at 7.1:1.

http://www.daiwa.com/reel/detail.aspx?id=234
fishaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Anybody out there use the Daiwa Megaforce "Twitchin Bar" Baitcaster?

My buddy has a couple of them.. I have used them and they are fine I guess. I don't think they improve any technique they just give you something to play with. IMO.

I wouldn't go and spend the money but it sounds like you got a good enough deal I would keep it for the simple reason I like to be able to try something different that may work. Ya never know.

HOOKERJIGS.NET
wanzek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Anybody out there use the Daiwa Megaforce "Twitchin Bar" baitcaster?

I have two and so far they have worked well. I use them for bottom bouncing. The twich bar brings in 6" of line everytime you touch it. Plus, if you touch the twich bar, it will engage the reel. I also used it for spooning. Seems to work well.
fishmohr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Re: Anybody out there use the Daiwa Megaforce "Twitchin Bar" baitcaster?

if you don't like it, i will take it off your hands for 25.00
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have a Daiwa Viento that has a twitchin' bar. To tell the truth, I don't use it much unless I am drinking a beer while fishing. Then it comes in handy. I also use it more at night with jerkbaits than anything.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a magforce paired with a Bernie rod that is my sons flippin stick.

That reel sucks bigtime.

I have 2 vientos and they are ok. Great for throwing light baits on light line. Perfect for fishing tubes while drinking beer smoking cigarettes and pulling tubes. (like riv said)...
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I used to have the Viento with the twitchin bar. Honestly, I never really used the twitchin bar very much unless I was smoking.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah the twitching bar is really only functional as a line management/recovery tool and can get in the way during an earthshattering hookset, disengaging the spool resulting in a smattering of F-Bombs.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

IMO just a gimmick to sell some reels.
bassboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

I run a Megaforce and a Viento. I thought they were the coolest things ever and just had to have them. I use the reels, but I havent used the twitchin bar basiclly ever  I actually hate the Viento all around, but the cheaper megaforce does alright by me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in