Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Fishing Lounge (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Aurora and Quincy Reservoirs Stocked BIG Trout Today (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55595)

EmJ 04-04-2011 06:03 PM

Aurora and Quincy Reservoirs Stocked BIG Trout Today

The ranger at Aurora said that the DOW stocked Aurora and Quincy today with BIG Trout. Quincy got a bunch last week too but some died because the stock trucks aeration wasn't working right. Lots of fish!!

fishaholic 04-04-2011 06:20 PM

Re: Aurora and Quincy Reservoirs Stocked BIG Trout Today

I wonder if they stocked them big enough to be more than dinner? Gotta feed those wipers & LMB you know! If they're big enough maybe the $10,000 Aurora trout tourney winner will win with more than a 2 pounder. Oh & I almost forgot the speech he gave- talking about how that fish made a couple of 100 yards runs on him. Quite the story but 10k might make any of us embellish the story a bit.

soonerfisher 04-04-2011 07:49 PM

When is the Aurora trout tourney?

Hogmaster 04-04-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmJ
The ranger at Aurora said that the DOW stocked Aurora and Quincy today with BIG Trout. Quincy got a bunch last week too but some died because the stock trucks aeration wasn't working right. Lots of fish!!

most all died!

longdraw 04-04-2011 09:55 PM

I hope not too big!

southplatter 04-04-2011 11:45 PM

I can smell the stench of powerbait coming over Aurora dam already.

swimbait 04-05-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southplatter
I can smell the stench of powerbait coming over Aurora dam already.

LOL! Pretty much...

It is funny, the smell of Power Bait still reminds me of the summer I moved here from Texas. ::)

SS

tightliner26 04-05-2011 01:02 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I hope someone got yelled at for letting some fish die.

fishaholic 04-05-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soonerfisher
When is the Aurora trout tourney?

from an email I got yesterday:

Calling All Anglers!

Itís time again for the $10,000 Trout Tournament at Aurora Reservoir on Saturday, May 14. Registrations are now being accepted online, by mail/fax, and by walk-in. Donít delay, this event is limited to the first 850 entries and one lucky contestant will walk away with an extra $10,000 in cash. Please see the complete list of rules and regulations online by following the link below. For more information call Aurora Reservoir at (303) 690-1286. A special thanks to this yearís sponsors; see a complete list of event sponsors below!

New For 2011: Final Weigh-In @ 1:30PM ē Complimentary Catered Lunch @ 1:30PM ē Raffle Prizes
Returning in 2011: First Fish Caught Receives a Prize!

We want to thank our sponsors for the 2011 Trout Tournament; their participation makes this a great event and we appreciate their support!

Fish Explorer

Aurora Marine

Gander Mountain

Colorado Fisherman

Valley Country Tackle

Weezy 04-05-2011 06:27 PM

How long do the stockers generally last in Quincy?