Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Stanley Lake near rampart.

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  blowfish 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how snowy it is up that way. Me and my friend were thinking about 4x4ing up and hiking to Stanley lake for a little fishing. Mainly wanting to do some 4x4ing... with a little fishing :)

Just wondering if it is still to early in the year?

Thanks in advance, Ricky

#2 ·
Not sure, especially with the rain/snow the last 2 days. But you could take rampart range road up to the rampart inlet from the Colorado Springs side and hike in there and fish... if the road is clear of snow drifts and passable you should be able to do Stanley.

#3 ·
Make sure to put a shovel and/or a high jack in the jeep to get unstuck. >:D

G
#6 ·
Koldkut said:
I would sure like to know how to access the lake from the rampart side, I know the trail from rampart down to stanley, but have never ventured to walk into rampart, and all the way down to stanley, I've always gone from the Academy up the trail to the lake.
I read on some site, some time (I know, big help) that showed a trail from the Rampart dam area NNE to Stanley. It looked pretty straightforward and as I think I read, not as taxing as Stanley canyon.

I can tell you that going in from Schubarth Trail is a crap shoot, but if it's 4 wheeling you want, it's 4 wheeling you'll get on any of those back roads. I was there last fall on my mountain bike and it was brutal.

I'll try to find what I read and get back to you.

#7 ·
Captain America said:
Koldkut said:
I would sure like to know how to access the lake from the rampart side, I know the trail from rampart down to stanley, but have never ventured to walk into rampart, and all the way down to stanley, I've always gone from the Academy up the trail to the lake.
I read on some site, some time (I know, big help) that showed a trail from the Rampart dam area NNE to Stanley. It looked pretty straightforward and as I think I read, not as taxing as Stanley canyon.

I can tell you that going in from Schubarth Trail is a crap shoot, but if it's 4 wheeling you want, it's 4 wheeling you'll get on any of those back roads. I was there last fall on my mountain bike and it was brutal.

I'll try to find what I read and get back to you.
The trail from the dam is pretty easy, Stanley isn't too bad either if you want that kind of experience. That lake is pretty cool with some decent fish in it. If you want to do some exploring one of these weekends and hit it, I'm game.

#9 ·
Anyone have ANY info about the lakes in the map below? We are planning on doing some 4x4ing and hitting Stanley lake on Sunday.... My buddy noticed these lakes close by and was asking me about them. I havent been able to find any info on them at all... wondering if they are private or what?

Thanks in advance, Ricky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.