New boat fisherman - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New boat fisherman

Hi, I usually fished from the side but would like to learn to fish from the boat. I have been searching all day for info on this but could not find good info. I walked around the Bass Pro shop in Denver and all the stuff made my head spin. What I would like to know is, What lures to use when trawling What to use when the boat is angered, what bait to cast out and retrieve
bollie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: New boat fisherman

Bollie, just use the seach button on this site and search for anything you want to know. Use keywords like trolling, crankbaits, etc. etc. etc.* This site has great info. Just take anything I wrote with a huge grain of salt.
After reading threads and posts for awhile you'll figure out who knows what they are talking about and who is telling fish stories.
bergwsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you I will do that and see wat comes up
bollie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to work2fish

[Author=FishEyes link=topic=6485.msg60902#msg60902 date=1142042820]
Bollie, just use the seach button on this site and search for anything you want to know. Use keywords like trolling, crankbaits, etc. etc. etc. This site has great info. Just take anything I wrote with a huge grain of salt.
After reading threads and posts for awhile you'll figure out who knows what they are talking about and who is telling fish stories.
Credibility is directly related to the number of stars by a person's name.

This is coming from somebody whose only aspiration in life is to reach the 5 star level which should happen any day now...

Seriously, that's good advice from fisheyes. From my experience, most folks here are very interested in trying to help and there is very little smoke blown...

Old 03-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
laker taker

Good luck in your fishing journey, there is no destination, you'll never know everything. Fish as much as possible, and read up when you can't fish.

I would start by buying a few smaller Rapala's in maybe some type of trout pattern. Trolling with that and you'll most likely catch something. Watch other fishing boats and where they are fishing. Don't crowd them but take note, that might be a spot for you to try sometime.

If I had to go buy one lure to fish from a boat with, it would be a countdown Rapala in perch pattern and I would troll with it to start. With the same lure you can anchor and cast it around structure to catch fish with also. Thats mainly for trout, but trout are easy to catch.

Have fun.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2fish

This is coming from somebody whose only aspiration in life is to reach the 5 star level which should happen any day now...
I think Work2fish meant, credibility is inversely related to the number of stars by a person's name.

Don't bring banana's, Dan, or Zman, and you will do fine.

tal0362 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAL0362
Quote:
Originally Posted by work2fish

I think Work2fish meant, credibility is inversely related to the number of stars by a person's name.

Terre, since you have the maximum 5 stars by your name should we take that as meaning you are full of it also?

Dan
Old 03-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Bollie nothing is better then time on the water. My suggestion is to try some where small like brush hollow. That will get your confidence up. All so Spinney early season is a great place to catch some dumb trout. Just tie a tube jig (rootbeer color) on and throw it all day. Or troll around the lake all day with any number of trout lures. Casty's, rouges, rapalas, they all work.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow! she never liked me (the urban legend curse thingee)...but what did you do to get on her bad side Dan?...
Old 03-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have stars by my name?? Oh, so I do... I'm feeling pretty important right now! I guess I'm going to have to straighted out my act... no more poking fun at moderators!

tal0362 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in