park pass at horsetooth and carter - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default park pass at horsetooth and carter

laramier county raised the price again. Will it ever end. I wish the state would take them over. 75.00 for truck and 75.00 for boat. at this rate wy. is looking better and better boat cost 5.00 more this year over last yr and 50.00 more than ten years ago.
liquorbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: park pass at horsetooth and carter

WOW!! thats crazy, the fishing better be pretty good, last year it wasn't. i think i won't have much of a problem saying no thanks to either one this year..
Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

The college kids who get drunk and fly around on Horsetooth will pay it.

Good thing I had to buy a habitat stamp to preserve the environment so I can get ripped off by Lawyermore Larimer County to enjoy it.

This just depresses me.
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2006, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to work2fish

Ouch, that hurts. I'm guessing then that it will be $8 for the truck and $8 for the boat for each visit if you don't have a pass. Since I usually exceed 10 trips to Horsetooth and Carter by a fair amount (say, 20 trips total?), it will still pay for itself.

Dare I ask, what new services are we getting for all of those extra dollars?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think it's actually $75 for non-residents and $65 for Larimer County residents. I bought one last week and was charged $75. Plus, it doesn't look like the daily passes have gone up since last year -- still $6 on Mon-Th and $7 Fri-Sun.

Either way, it's definitely steep, but it's the best option if you go a lot (which I do). Last year, I wish I would've bought an annual pass. I probably went at least a dozen times and would've went a lot more if I didn't have to play $6-$7 each time. So far this year, I've already been to Horsetooth three times, so at this rate, it's looking like an OK investment.
milehighbassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2006, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye970
And just think a few years back Larimer County was looking at potentially letting the State buy/take over their parks because they were loosing money, too bad that did'nt happen.* They slapped up a couple of new outhouse's and threw down some gravel and mulch in a spot here and there and up went the rates and they havent looked back.* Here's a little story for ya:* The CWA is having a tourney at Horsetooth in August and as such they submit all of the needed documentation and such and Larimer comes back with a proposal to allow for the tourney with an additional cost of $5,000.00 from the club and this was hackled down to $3,000.00 just to allow for the tourney, plus the entrance fee is higher to cover the cost of the higher daily entrance fees.........Kinda screwed up I say.* I think its messed up paying them $3,000.00 just to have the darn thing and its not really any issues with liability or anything of that nature, just because they can.* If you think their Parks depatment is messed up, their Assessors office is really messed up!* Collie
If this is true, I can't understand why the CWA would even consider holding a tournament there. A waste of
entry fee moneys when they can hold it at other lakes in CO, NE or WY for a nominal permit fee.
GMCO45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in