Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Fishing Lounge (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lake Loveland Trout? (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5963)

farmer ted 03-16-2006 11:17 PM

Lake Loveland Trout?

Has anyone been out to lake loveland lately and know if the 'bows are biting? Just curious...I need something to tide me over until the bass start up again.

THansen77 03-18-2006 12:43 AM

Re: Lake Loveland Trout?

Stopped by a couple days ago just fartin' around with a jerk bait...caught one 16" smallie, a nice 18" 'bow....and broke off a fish after a 2 min fight...a walleye, maybe, or one of the large trout that reside in there!!!

TONY

farmer ted 03-18-2006 12:50 AM

Thanks for the info. I've never fished at lake loveland but it's close to home so maybe I'll try it. I know people fish the rip-rap (rocks) on the south side by the road. Can you fish the park on the north side? isn't there an inlet of some kind there as well?

THansen77 03-18-2006 01:23 AM

yes, but take a # to get in the inlet....my experience is that it's o.k., but the whole south shore produces. The north side is good as well....when the bite is right.

Tony

scorpion_bsk 03-18-2006 01:07 PM

I'd definately like to know how the Double L is fishing. Haven't been there lately and would like to go soon. I about a mile from the inlet.

catfishking 03-18-2006 10:54 PM

i was wanting to head out there how is the water level there and wheres the best area to catch smallmouth bass

milehighbassin 03-18-2006 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catfishking
i was wanting to head out there how is the water level there and wheres the best area to catch smallmouth bass

Almost everyone who goes to Lake Loveland heads straight to the inlet. But, I've actually had just as much success on smallies and walleye all along the riprap.

THansen77 03-18-2006 11:50 PM

Almost everyone who goes to Lake Loveland heads straight to the inlet. But, I've actually had just as much success on smallies and walleye all along the riprap.

Ditto on what MileHighBassin said... that rip-rap along the south produces all the fish. The inlet has no structure and is just plain CROWDED!!!

TONY

hosswolf 03-19-2006 11:49 AM

Is this place open to the public for fishing? I had heard that it was all private. Do you need any sort of pass orpermit to fish there?

scorpion_bsk 03-19-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hosswolf
Is this place open to the public for fishing? I had heard that it was all private. Do you need any sort of pass orpermit to fish there?

Yes, it is a private Lake. But you can fish without any kind of permit on all of the areas along Eisenhower and Taft where the roads run next to the lake, and you can fish in the park area. Shore fishing only. Only the homeowners can take a boat out.