Uncented plastics - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Uncented plastics

I wanted to start a thread to find out what kind of unscented plastics that everybody would want. I understand that the regulation in Colorado may be one that stays on the books for some time. . But I'm courius to what plastics we in colorado would want. I know I have my favorites. Please feel free to post any information about the plastics you like. Like the size, legnth, type...ect...
razorsedge31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Uncented plastics

I really like the bleeding tube jigs from strike king. They have a red skirt. I havn't found unscented ones that have the red skirt. I think they are 3.5 inches.
hatchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have found : grubs, tubes, stick worms, craw/beaver, worms, lizards, etc... I would like to find some floating worms. Anywhere from 4-6 inches.

Does anyone know if all Mr. Twister (not exude) products are unsalted? Would they say if they were salted?

Old 03-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is pretty sad that it has come to this!!!!! Look at all these threads aimed at this new law. I say if you dont like the new rule(Like myself) Stop fishing these places. As many know I was a big Quicny guy. Not sure ill fish it anymore. This new law is BS and I think to show them that, we should protest these waters. Less people=less money. Thats how you hurt people these days, In the pocket. Its sad!!!

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
NeWcS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2006, 07:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_In_Parker
This is pretty sad that it has come to this!!!!! Look at all these threads aimed at this new law. I say if you dont like the new rule(Like myself) Stop fishing these places. As many know I was a big Quicny guy. Not sure ill fish it anymore. This new law is BS and I think to show them that, we should protest these waters. Less people=less money. Thats how you hurt people these days, In the pocket. Its sad!!!

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
Many states besides CO have this law or one very similar, so I think this will just make more Fly Fisherman go to these waters instead of the result you's hope for.

Unscented plastics are cheaper then salted or scented plastics, so this is a good thing. The only problem is where to find them. Fresh Water Basics at Sportsmans is unscented... Those gaint catalog shops like abc distributing will have a bunch sometimes.... lastly ebay will have some, most of the ebay hobbyst guys are just making knock offs anyways, so if you check to see if they are salted or scented they sometimes will not be.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Jay-I couldn't agree with you more-this is a ridiculous rule which fortunately doesn't affect any of the waters I fish here in southern CO. Problem with a boycott is it hardly ever works.

If I fished any of those "no scented plastics " waters, I guess I would start to fill up a plastic box just for those lakes with the unscented kind.

Advice. Wise men don't need it, fools won't heed it.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

I also agree with Jay!!!! I also don't like the way i have been treated by the Rangers when I have been checked! There is a difference between doing your job and abusing your authority!

I wish I lived closer to Pueblo!
Neal/CO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TroutFishingBear

Jay, I agree with you and I would comply with this, but the only half decent bass fisheries and walleye fishery we have on the west slope is/are fly and lure only, so I guess people over here just won't be bass fishing much. It's a good idea by the DOW in my opinion for their plan to eliminate warmwater fish on the west slope and to eliminate the demand for them. It also does very well at giving the finger to their strategic plan that they never follow. I'm still gonna fish these fisheries- it'll just be tougher.

[quote author=ptaft link=topic=42422.msg488400#msg488400 date=1236743995]
I say if it catches fish throw it!
[/quote]
TroutFishingBear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2006, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
tc

Just curious, how many of the guys comlaining about this new regulation have taken the time to send an e-mail to the DOW expressing how they feel about it, or called Robin Knox and complained to him personally about it. This reg. can be repealed with an overwhelming negative response. Complaining about it only on this website won't fix it.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

i suspect that the scented lure fishers are way out numbered by the trout folks. so i think our efforts should be to find sent/salt free lures and with enought contact with bait manufacturers we might start seeing more of our favorite baits come in unsented versions. i dont fish much with plastics or in CR waters anyway but i took the time to send emails to all the fishing catolog companies i use and explained or situation here in CO and asked that they make the effort to identify the pure uncented baits and to provide a way to search just for unscented baits i also have talked with the employees at the sporting good stores around me and asked that they order in some unscented stuff and display them seperately. if we all did this these companies would realize the demand for the uncented baits and when they start to ask their suppliers for them then they might start to make more of them. but if we just complain and protest nothing will happen

sure scent is nice but you could still catch a lot of fish with the same bait minus the scent. so talk to your bait stores and call/email the catolog companies to tell them what you want and need

Said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat i
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in