Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

For those that might wnat to contribute....

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  darrin 
#1 ·
#4 ·
It's just sad to know that many people where out witnessing this and only one person offered to help after 7 hours. I admire the guy for having that much fortitude, ambition and drive to get out and try it and not give up! I'm fortunate enough to have good health and the ability to help someone in need.

#6 ·
Bit o' wisdom - i've been wondering for years how to get a buddy in a chair out on the ice in an ice house. I have recently purchased a Clam Twin Hub II and it pitches like a regular tent with 'hub' type sides, but has a full length zip down door on one side - i.e. ROLL RIGHT IN THERE. 7'x7' footprint with roomy sides. Looks like this:

And it's super roomy inside. I had room for me a sled, a heater, and plenty of room to fish. Gets freekin warm in there too.

Weighs about 15# in a bag and not hard to deploy with an able bodied friend. I can do it myself too and I'm by far no athlete either. I use a drill with the anchor inserter tool Clam sells to put the ice anchors in.

That's awesome that people still want to try... after seeing that sick tank-tread electric chair Tred Barta uses, just go ahead and tell me where folks in chairs can't go these days... more power to 'em.

#9 ·
Good cause, how many of us spend 10 15 or 50 bux at BPS or Gander randomly on gear we may or maynot need? I know theres a bunch of good people here. Lets help this guy out. Tonight, Sunday, looks to be the last night for donations. Everyone TALKS about helping people close to home, well heres a chance to put your money where your mouth is and help a fellow American, from Colorado out, with a sport MANY of us enjoy!

#11 ·
This is an update and a thank you from the OP that took the bull buy the horns on this.

THE PLEDGE PERIOD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!

Well Guys, you just have no idea how satisfied I am that other brothers have understood and responded to the
call to make a significant impact upon a good man's life. Our time getting on & off the reservoir today was, well,
nothing short of exhausting for the labor involved and at the altitude we fished >9,000' ! During the haul of man
and gear, I could only imagine how Stewart would've more easily and independently glided across that mess of a
surface with his new/forthcoming chair. As we traversed out and back across this wide bay, I was really huffing
and puffing on the outside, but smiling large on the inside knowing what's coming!!

Stewart is headed to Wisconsin at the end of the month to help a youngster (20 yrs old) get up into a copter with
the aid of the Aeroleg device. And in true color, he's already planning on taking his ice fishing gear up there as he's
driving the whole route with his wife. I'm expecting his auger and other gear to arrive sooner rather than later so
he's not dependent upon any person for his mobility and ice gear.

In wrapping this up, I admit that there's zero feelings of missing any set mark. I was never certain to begin with
just how many would be impacted to the point of desiring to make a difference. You proved to me the American
Spirit is alive and well and for that I'm both humbled and emboldened by your actions and sacrifice.

One last high note, another good man(like yourselves) - a NEW ENGLANDER - has been following this thread
and was so moved with compassion that he recently informed me he's decided to go all in with an anonymous
pledge up to the entire amount if / when it should be needed.

To further show his character and as if that is not already over the top, he advised me that he would still like to
give the full amount even if the donations were to come in for the full amount.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO to respond to such a person as this man of average means and to yourselves the
other men, likely of average means, who sent Stewart a meaningful gift / part of your earnings?

In my heart of hearts, I personally desire to befriend him and you for life. With the distance between us I am honestly
unsure how that will or ever could play out...

Nevertheless, he and yourselves are a rare breed and indeed men I would be pleased to know and keep in touch with
for life. As strange as it may sound to some - The money has nothing to do with forging a friendship with each of you,
the captivating point for me is the undeniable fact that you've all showed your character and courage from day one by
going all in - that is something I can relate to as does Stewart.

Please afford me another favor or two -
Give yourselves the credit due for being the good men that you are
Credit your folks who obviously instilled the gifts of hope and courage within you they & you have done well
I implore you to be inspired to continue to do this and greater works than this that you have taken part in!

GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY FOR THAT INDOMITABLE SPIRIT WITHIN YOU AND FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL SACRIFICE

Steven

PS I have the address of those that sent something in via USPS, would each of the paypal donors PM me
your address? In the coming weeks, I have something I'd like to send to each person

KUDOS TO SHANTY'S OWNER AND THE MODS FOR ALLOWING THIS TO GO ON

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.