Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Fishing Lounge (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Are Zebra Mussel Inspections Really That Important? (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60902)

slimer 02-06-2012 05:00 PM

Are Zebra Mussel Inspections Really That Important?

Okay, serious question here. I don't mind going through inspection, but the fact that some places are restricting the access by hours and others have the audacity to make you wait 14 days to launch after you get a seal is just bull$hit to me.

I think it's time to take our waters back. What do you have to say on the matter?

Robert

k0diak 02-06-2012 05:06 PM

Re: Are Zebra Mussel Inspections Really That Important?

http://tinyurl.com/753kh6z ;D

TthePikester 02-06-2012 05:08 PM

Welcome to the life as a real boat owner in Colorado!!! ;D
Face it...it's abide by the rules or have Denver and Aurora shut down all their water to us boaters!!!

golden rod 02-06-2012 05:12 PM

I got your back Slimberto, give me a second to sharpen my pitch fork and get my torch lit.....it's ON! ::)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TthePikester
Welcome to the life as a real boat owner in Colorado!!! ;D
Face it...it's abide by the rules or have Denver and Aurora shut down all their water to us boaters!!!

What she said^. Simmer down my friend, you'll get that new boat skimming across the water in no time. BY the way, wanna race for pinks ;D?

slimer 02-06-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0diak

Still 0 zebra mussels found in Colorado to date. What they've seen under a microscope in a lab isn't quite the same...

walleye seeker 02-06-2012 05:30 PM

our inspections are EZ compared to some

Bionic Man 02-06-2012 08:00 PM

You need another option to your poll. I think we should have inspections, but the way they are currently conducted is inefficient to say the least. There are a lot of better ways to conduct the inspections that would be equally as effective, cost less, and maintain year round boating options, but the DOW, or State Parks, or whatever they are called now isn't interested.

tepponogu 02-06-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionic Man
You need another option to your poll. I think we should have inspections, but the way they are currently conducted is inefficient to say the least. There are a lot of better ways to conduct the inspections that would be equally as effective, cost less, and maintain year round boating options, but the DOW, or State Parks, or whatever they are called now isn't interested.

This is exactly how I feel. Couldn't put it better.

I feel you on the 14 day quarantine bs. You pretty much have to have a dedicated boat for those lakes.

cbell 02-06-2012 09:52 PM

What if the state offered a class that would give you a certification to inspect your own boat. They could charge a $ amount for the class and educate boat owners. In return you would be allowed to launch you boat when the inspectors are not working. It sounds like a win/win for the state and avid anglers. The state makes more money off us and we can still fish when we want.

Dave M 02-06-2012 11:30 PM

I used to say "most places don't give an ish about zebra mussels and accepted the fact that they are here"... but then I started reading other messageboards from other states about the issue and other states are starting to take a cue from CO and inspecting and or providing hot pressured waterguns to hose your boat off with, because the ZM's are really effing things up.  the arkansas river below keystone has lots of them on the rocks, makes for some nasty wading if you are barefoot....