Force Fins... - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
tc

Default Force Fins...

Anyone use them? Are they worth $190?
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Force Fins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC
Anyone use them? Are they worth $190?
Damn! that price went way up.

I know Jerm (solesearcher) has used them a ton, sure he'll chime in.

I never have, only used regular fins.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Wow! They're *that* much now? Boy, when I bought mine, they were like, I dunno, $85 I think?

Love mine. I'm no athlete by any means, but they've made for some deadly efficient paddling around many lakes, high and low alike.

I've never used other fins, so I can't really compare the two. I have mine sized up to fit my little feet over my wading boots, get the webbing wet so it stretches correctly, put 'em on, and go. The adjustable ones have a neoprene 'upper' and if you do lose one (I have 'kicker keepers' on mine, like safety straps for skis), they float enough just below the surface that you can still get them.

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Shrinking Post Count
Damn! that price went way up.
Ain't that the truth! I bought a pair a long, long time ago ('9 for only $90, and I thought they were steep back then. I guess that's what ~5% annual inflation (or mark-up) will do for you.

But you asked if they are worth it - I'd say yes, but keep in mind that I've used them for so long that it's been a really long time since I've used anything else. As I recall, they generate more thrust than the fin I replaced (I'd say fins, but I left one on top of the truck early one morning and never did find it...hence the need for replacement). They are definitely durable, having lasted 15 odd years with anywhere from 25 - 150 trips per year. I did not get the adjustable ones, but picked a size that fit over neoprene flats boots, and that works very well.

I wonder if any of the fishing magazines have ever done a side-by-side comparison of Force Fins with other float-tube fins like the Omega products Navigator series, looking at the amount of effort required to kick, overall cruising speed, weight, etc. That would be something useful for sure.
FishDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

You need some good fins TC? I have some Omega Aquatics I could stand to do without...
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Assuming that you tube a lot, and you make an effort not to loose them, then yes. Emphatically yes.

SS
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

WHOA! When I got my tube like 4 years ago and posted this same question they were like 80 bones. JFChrist- $190 now??

I would find a dive shop similar in practice to the Wilderness Exchange and get a pair of scuba fins for cheaper. I cant attest to the 30$ BPS fins as far as longevity because I've only used them and my tube a handful of times but I would NOT pay that much for kick fins, man (unless i had a kickboat and was primarily on moving water...a LOT)
Srsly, call some dive shops. Theres one on 6 ave btwn Cap hill and CC, and one at 2nd and union. Craigslist, dude.

$60 max for fins leaves you $130 for a new rig and/or accessories for ur tube.

$0.02
Old 02-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout4steak
WHOA! When I got my tube like 4 years ago and posted this same question they were like 80 bones. JFChrist- $190 now??

I would find a dive shop similar in practice to the Wilderness Exchange and get a pair of scuba fins for cheaper. I cant attest to the 30$ BPS fins as far as longevity because I've only used them and my tube a handful of times but I would NOT pay that much for kick fins, man (unless i had a kickboat and was primarily on moving water...a LOT)
Srsly, call some dive shops. Theres one on 6 ave btwn Cap hill and CC, and one at 2nd and union. Craigslist, dude.

$60 max for fins leaves you $130 for a new rig and/or accessories for ur tube.

$0.02
I think you need to use them before you say that. If someone spent a lot of time in a tube, it is worth it. $400+ waders are nuts too, but if you wade a lot, and want to stay dry...

It is what it is. I always think of it like this. If they start out costing $200, then the first time you use them the are $200. The next time they are $100. Then $50. After a while, soda pop and candy bars add up, and think how useless that stuff is.

Are they overpriced? Heck yeah! Are they the best fins out there for serious kickers? Yep.

SS
Old 02-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Spend the extra coin and get the Force Fins. You won't be sorry.
Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Troy, I have the force fins and they are great. Mine were no where near that amount of money though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in