North American Fishing Club - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default North American Fishing Club

Does anyone have experience with the subject line club? I have found a lot of negative postings on the net about them, so was just wondering if there are any positives? Thanks! Tater
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: North American Fishing Club

i have been a life member for years. the mag. is ok and they send info emails almost every day. but if you want all the free stuf, don't count on anything good and as far as being a tester, i told them to take my name off the list. i got some mosquito repelent in feb and they wanted my report in 90 days or less. i told them it works good, never saw a mosquito till they took their fur coats off in june. i got something else but i dont remember what it was but it was for saltwater fishing
Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Like Byron, I also have been a life member for years. Overall, it's pretty much like most other fishing mags, (In-Fisherman, etc.) with decent storys, and articles. I never had the time to be a ''tester'' so not sure how that works. I do enjoy the member pics in the back of each issue. Best advice, go with what you can afford, cause I really don't think one mag is better than the other for updated info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have been a member for some years, but this year they are getting fired. I won't be renewing. I didn't mind their silly "free stuff" (a little package of hooks a couple of times a year) but they started sending me books and DVDs without my asking for them, which made me go to the trouble of making a trip to the post office to send them back. That old stuff is going to come to a screeching halt, 'cause they're outta here.

--grumpy ol' W.E.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nice TV show, I like "knot wars" but never seen the Mag. And from the feedback, doubt I ever will.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle
I have been a member for some years, but this year they are getting fired. I won't be renewing. I didn't mind their silly "free stuff" (a little package of hooks a couple of times a year) but they started sending me books and DVDs without my asking for them, which made me go to the trouble of making a trip to the post office to send them back. That old stuff is going to come to a screeching halt, 'cause they're outta here.

--grumpy ol' W.E.
Life member for some time. I agree with the statements about the magazine and the field testing. They tell you you have a chance to test really cool gear but I've always gotten really low end crap to test as well. And you get to field test about every two years or so. But like WE said - it pisses me off when you send me something (for me it was a crappy calendar) that I didn't ask for and then start sending me bills for it!

Good things come to those who wade...
onefishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle
... they started sending me books and DVDs without my asking for them, which made me go to the trouble of making a trip to the post office to send them back.
I somehow received a membership, think it was thru the CWA, definitely did not sign up myself. Anyway they sent me a Trout Secrets book with an invoice. Never, never, never would I request a book on of all things trout. The invoice said something like "read it for 90 days and if you dont like it, return it or pay $25". The invoice went into the trash, as did the book. They invoiced me a few months later, I wrote on the invoice that I did not order the book and will not pay to return it. Never heard from them again.

I also opted out of the daily e-mails after reading those for a few months and realizing they were junk and intended for beginners. Some might get value from them but not I.
setthehook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for all of the feedback - I signed up last night, but not looking forward to getting things I need to send back! I read a lot of complaints from members stating that they canceled their membership and were still being billed and that their credit suffered because of collection actions against a membership they canceled.
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

...is a waste of time!

Some people just need a high five. In the face. With a chair.
Luke the Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Quicsilver171

is stupid and sucks dont sign up for that crap,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in