Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Fishing Lounge (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   what's the deal with chatfield (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6113)

larryT 03-24-2006 01:14 PM

what's the deal with chatfield

i have went there a couple times this year.
SKUNKED
i have fished the inlet, outlet and the creeks.
used worm, kast master, power bait and egg's.

what am i missing?

yeager 03-24-2006 01:29 PM

Re: what's the deal with chatfield

Fish!!!! :D

slayerfish 03-24-2006 01:47 PM

Maybe a new hobby?

larryT 03-24-2006 01:51 PM

i am not goin to takin personal shots at you (slayer*****)

so u can cut your lil highschool act.

Pynkerton 03-24-2006 02:29 PM

Ive been skunked too man. One word SHAD.

I know the fish are still hiding in there somewhere. The pictures in the paper today showed some real nice hogs being picked out of the spawn nets.

Soon, very soon. And let them be fat off all those "Shad, the other fish meats"

James 03-24-2006 03:01 PM

Adding ***** to the end of someones name is niether refraining nor reframing. RELAX, I'm sure Slayer was only kidding.

You said a couple of times (you fished it), but named quite a few spots. Try not moving around so much. You were probably there on days they just weren't hitting. It happens. Next time put something out for bait w/ one rod, and just leave it. Try other stuff on your other rod.

McFish 03-24-2006 03:17 PM

Last year I did not start catching fish to my satisfaction until early April

larryT 03-24-2006 03:20 PM

james

maybe i am jumping around to much.

Pynkerton 03-24-2006 03:34 PM

I don't know.* Jumping around is usually the thing to do at Chatfield when nothing is hitting.* When the fish aren't one place, they usually are the other.* I have gone out to Chatfield several times this year already.* Ive done some "sticking" to one spot on some occasion.* It did offer me a strike, but only 1.*

Chatfield is hard to read sometimes.* Time of day, location and offering are all a very specific science out there.* ( it is in most places, but Chatfield is especially detailed.) I say if you have spent a few hours in your favorite spot, and it isn't producing, time to change it up a little.* New time, new bait, and of course maybe a new location.* Other times it may take sticking to the one spot, the time will change itself and magically the fish will find you.** Fishing Chatfield is about as consistant as Colorado's weather.

The presentation and spot will vary as everything else does.

jamiehughes 03-24-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryT
i am not goin to takin personal shots at you (slayer*****)

so u can cut your lil highschool act.

i'm sure it REALLY hurts slayerfish's feelings. he doesn't seem to be having a problem catching fish lately. :o