Can anyone answer a value question about a rod I own? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can anyone answer a value question about a rod I own?

Hey, so I have a vintage Fenwick HMG GFS70.. From what I have found out they are worth quite a bit of money, and pretty rare... But I was wondering if anyone has any information on this rod, or a possible value? Or anywhere I could get it appraised...find info on the rod? It is in very good condition, and still have the original carrying case...unfortunately I do not have the rods' original rod sleeve. It is a 7ft two piece, ML action..

Hobby: defeating the progressives...
djfisherman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Can anyone answer a value question about a rod I own?

email the pics and info to the folks at field and streams vintage tackle contest, maybe they will hook you up. you can Google it.
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

If your around Lyons take it to South Creek Ltd. on main street or give them a call he has a bunch of old books on fly rods but he might have spin stuff also.
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, it might be worth something...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-FENW...item4ab29f4d66
Old 02-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah Koldkut: I saw that listing on Ebay...and that was the only one I could find. I was looking for an idea what to list it at, I figured around $100 dollars....and then I saw that ad! In fact, that was the only information I could find on the rod too. I might try that Field & Stream idea, never know, they might be able to find out something.

D.J.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfisherman2
Yeah Koldkut: I saw that listing on Ebay...and that was the only one I could find. I was looking for an idea what to list it at, I figured around $100 dollars....and then I saw that ad! In fact, that was the only information I could find on the rod too. I might try that Field & Stream idea, never know, they might be able to find out something.

D.J.
PM me some pics or links to pics of your rod....I know guy sponsored by Fenwick who knows a guy who knows the value of these things.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldkut
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfisherman2

D.J.
PM me some pics or links to pics of your rod....I know guy sponsored by Fenwick who knows a guy who knows the value of these things.

Alright, will do as soon as I can take a couple good pictures. You want me to just email a couple to you? Thanks!

D.J.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in