If U think Colo Parks sucks 4 boating they dont have anything on Larimer County! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default If U think Colo Parks sucks 4 boating they dont have anything on Larimer County!

I usually dont bag on our state agencies...inspite of charging some of the most inflated rates in the state for vehicle and boating access (actually 2 charges each seperate for access and boating) Larimer County doesnt open for boating until March 31st as I just heard on Wickstrom's show. They open at 6am and close at 10 pm and you can be out there after 10pm and get off if you are on the lake by 10pm. They get their inspectors through the state and their fish through the state and still charge crazy rates. Carter barely freezes most years it seems so it isnt like they dont know it isnt going to be ice free.

Dont even get me started on homeland security dam lamo stuff...
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: If U think Colo Parks sucks 4 boating they dont have anything on Larimer County!

They both suck!
Colorado doesn't care about fisherman at all. All about the $$$. We pay more than nearly any other state. It gets super old.
A 2nd sticker for a Colorado State Parks pass is $35! I already bought the one at $70 why do I have to pay $35 for another sticker on a vehicle I own? We have 3 cars... What a waste of money. Should be $5-$10 after the first one is purchased.

Another big rant, the parking area for bikers and runners OUTSIDE of the park. They park their car then bike or run in... Guess what, its FREE for them!
Also the BS habitat stamp! Another BS charge for only fisherman and hunters. What about the other people that go to that area?

boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: If U think Colo Parks sucks 4 boating they dont have anything on Larimer County!

Take three guys with toons on a trailer and you end up paying the car pass and three boat launching fees at Carter. :P
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

[quote=Boondock ]

Kurt
if you are talking about the parking outside the north gate at pueblo, i hear they are going to close that off and reroute the road so they have to enter the park
Old 03-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

most other states charge a habitat stamp too, dude. we aren't the only ones.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

[quote=walleye seeker ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock

Kurt
if you are talking about the parking outside the north gate at pueblo, i hear they are going to close that off and reroute the road so they have to enter the park
The best bike riding is on the South Shore....It's Fruita in Pueblo...We rode 25 miles of single track a few weeks ago...I pay the pass fee because I'd never leave my truck parked along Old 96 unattended....
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Larimer County is a rip off for a lot of reasons. Fees are too high, park rangers are on a power trip.

The last time I was up there was in late September middle of the week to pick my boat up from Bruce who did some work on it. I was in my business suit, not another person in Inlet Bay. I had no intention of launching my boat and they still charged me the entry fee because I wasn't in and out in 15 minutes.

I'll never spend another dime at a Larimer County park.
Bionic Man is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

It doesn't take much to get a wake boarder up. That boat would do the job.
Bionic Man is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
What about the other people that go to that area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Vitus
Learn to read. I am ok paying it if everyone that used the habit areas has to pay it too. Just not the fisherman and hunters.
boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
What about the other people that go to that area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Vitus
Learn to read. I am ok paying it if everyone that used the habit areas has to pay it too. Just not the fisherman and hunters.
I know how to read, boondonger. I'm just stating the obvious and letting you know that it's no new, exclusive thing for colorado so you shouldnt feel like you are getting ripped off. I bought my Fishing license for oklahoma and had to pay a stupid habitat stamp fee too, and most of the lakes I fish there aren't maintained by it. but unfortunately the fishermen and hunters are the ones who use the overall resource, more than the yuppie joggers with their stupid dogs and mountain bikers. A Ranger would tell you the same thing.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in