South Platte - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default South Platte

Hey....Has anyone fished the Platte outside of Deckers lately Hows it fishin?I havent been up there yet since the fall.....i love that river in the spring and fall
rollcast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: South Platte

I've been going up to the Deckers-Trumbell area about once a week through the winter (weather and travel commitments permitting), and have had relatively good luck. Usually fish from 11 am to about 3 pm or so. Had much better luck November and December, catching 10-15 rainbows each trip. January-March has been slower, catching 5-10. As usual, small nymphs and midges (#22) work best for me, dropped behind a tan scud. Didn't make it last week because of the snow, but hope to get up there this week once or twice. Planning on the same set up, unless I hear or read something different this week. Let us know how you do.
huskerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

I go up there all the time. I was there this saturday and sunday.Usually do pretty well. I was catching them on #20 rs2 olive over the weekend.
fish or die is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

I was there on saturday , used orange salmon egg imitation and only got rainbows on it.
RS2 or Duns were not working as they usually do late on the season.
There was a guy that i stopped to talk to for a second said he was having good luck using some big yellow puffers and zebras ( got a 16" trout at scraggy view on that)
Caesar24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi. I was there Saturday right up by the dam and hit a 14" bow and a 24" Brown below the big hole across from the lot.* I used a #22 phesant tail below a copper john. I'll provide the pic of the 24" Brown soon. Are the rainbows still running above 11 mile? or is it over?

charliemyboy
charliemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

well made up yesterday and fished near the deckers area.Not the best day but couldve been worse. I caught three on san juans and three on bwo emergers.The largest was about 15 the smallest around 12 all rainbows.The godd thing for me was i got to break in my new 3wt.Thanks for all the input . thinkin about goin up again this week end.
rollcast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in