fishing at bear creek lake - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default fishing at bear creek lake

I have heard rumors of catfish and crappie being stocked recently at Bear Creek Lake. Anyone have any info on this? Has anyone been fishing there lately and done anygood. What are the best baits for this lake?
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: fishing at bear creek lake

I checked the Colorado division of Wildlife for there stocking report but it will not be updated till April.... So you might have to call to find out... Unless you want to wait a couple days ..... As far as fishing goes I plan of hitting Bear Creek sometime this week.. Maybe friday evening... I usally fly fish for tiger muskie I have never really target anything else... Sorry I am not much help lol
striper_fly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

i am one of those fisherman that is getting tired of murdering stocker trouts and walleyes. i want to move on to more sporty fish and tiger muskies are one of them on my list. specially tiger muskies because they owe me a rod. once upon a time back in the days i was using worms on a long cane pole to catch crawdads and perches at bear creek reservoir. i got a hit like a crawdad was pulling on it and i just left it alone because i was so sick of crawdads. then all of a sudden the pole jumped right out of where it was standing and got dragged into the water. i never seen that pole again (and i miss it because its one of those classic asian bamboo cane pole). i told this story to the nearby fisherman and they told me it was most likely a tiger muskie that attacked the crawdad that was eating my worm. if i was to able to hook a tiger muskie and pull it out using that cane pole (the pole wouldn't have stood a chance) that woud've been something, maybe i would have been in the record books for unconventional fishing methods.
anyways i want my revenge using modern fishing gear so gimme some opinions on what works out there for muskies. also let me know how that setup works at quincy reservoir.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

madjack please join me in my quest to take some trophy muskies! they need some lessons taught!
and u can catch good ones at bear creek reservoir.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would be happy to help punish those pesky tiger muskies....or the catfish.....or the crappie....or the bass....and the trout need to be taught a thing or two.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you have room... I can show you guys what I have learned about these fish besides that there called the fish of ten thousand cast lol.. I live a couple minutes from the Lake....
striper_fly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2006, 04:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I am always up for learning something new. I have never fished for muskie, but wouldnt mind catching one. Obviously I havent the faintest idea how to fish for one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in