I planned on posting something like this at the begaining of the year, then when new licenses came out.. Anyway, couldn't get around to it. So here's a quick version
Over the years, I (and I'm sure a lot of others) have learned a ton from this site. Been entertained by this site, and met good friends on here. I've gotten news from here, advice, and had questions answred (from fishing, but also stuff like video games, i-pods tec..) I've used the search function to obtain info, and the pm to communicate with other members.
All this for free
This year (it may be the last - - 2012 and all..) I encourage every member to try to make as many positive contributions as you can.
I've seen some great stuff posted on here recently
- all the fish pictures and reports
- Boondock and Riverrunner/Monster posting the "Bragging Board". Great idea, and has been a great on-going post the past couple of years
- Oyey posted a report on an out of state Northern Pike contest. That post was better than anything I've read in a fishing magazine in awhile..
- Hop's polls
- Itsabigone's jokes
- over the yaers there are always posts to encourage people to do clean-ups (even just the area you fish). DJ, and his brother's a year ago was excellent.
- Grumpi giving away extra gear
- The Fish on the Fly a month contest. Always amazing pictures posted
- Not recent, but a couple years back Jay posted a huge list of "Free Days" (resturants, the zzo, the museum, etc..) My family saved a ton that year, and the next from Jay and that post.
- All the wildlife pictures that get posted on here (someone [Neil?] just had a couple with great Wolf pictures)
- Lots more, these were just a few examples..
If all of us that spend time on here give back a little w/ some positive posts. We'd all in turn be making a amazing site even better . . .