Is this a good deal - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is this a good deal

I have been fishing for two years with low end rods from garage sales. I recently bought two new rods (a gloomis previous model of gl2 66 med spin rod and a shimano
previous model of crucial 6'10" med trigger rod). They are $80 each. Is this a good deal? If not, I still can return them when I pick up.

Thanks,
lurefishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
OG LOKE

Default Re: Is this a good deal

Hell yeah that's a good deal! Nice find!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurefishing
I have been fishing for two years with low end rods from garage sales. I recently bought two new rods (a gloomis previous model of gl2 66 med spin rod and a shimano
previous model of crucial 6'10" med trigger rod). They are $80 each. Is this a good deal? If not, I still can return them when I pick up.

Thanks,
That's half of retail.

The grumpy guy that has to bite his tongue not to post in the buy/sell section about stuff like a used Smith & Wesson M&P 15 being sold for $100 more than MSRP says "that's a decent price on those rods".
xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Cool. There are still on sale right now at sportsman's
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/
and you could get $20 off of their already discounted prices.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
OG LOKE

Quote:
Cool. There are still on sale right now at sportsman's
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/
and you could get $20 off of their already discounted prices.
Cool! I'd buy a few more but i already have plenty! Thanks for the info though!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Once you start fishing with good rods, you can NEVER go back!!!!!

I can some day envision a world without Uglysticks. Just kidding.

Advice. Wise men don't need it, fools won't heed it.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well, that's too bad. Coz, the wife doesn't even know I spent $170 on two sticks yet. I am afraid even these two sticks will end up in the buy/sell section sometime soon when the credit card bill comes in. I guess the only way is not to fish with these two sticks, so I will still be happy with my ugly stiks even I can't touch those high end rods anymore.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
tc

Those rods will ruin you! I always have to snicker a bit when people brag about using cheap rods and think we are nuts for using high end expensive equipment. The fact is the fishing pole is an extention of your body. You don't understand what you are missing until you use high quality equipment for a day. The castability, sensitivity and all around fishability is so much better that you can't help but improve your fish catching skills. You will understand soon!

Please... once you have used these rods, get back on line and report on your experience. Would love to hear what you have to say.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
tc

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
Quote:

Thanks,
That's half of retail.

The grumpy guy that has to bite his tongue not to post in the buy/sell section about stuff like a used Smith & Wesson M&P 15 being sold for $100 more than MSRP says "that's a decent price on those rods".
Retail on the AR is $699. Add tax, if you were to buy it new from a shop, another $55 bucks. Add 3 30 rd mags at $20 each plus tax... $65. A shoulder strap for $12 and that leaves you with a total of $831. His asking price was $775 which means you could probably get him down to $700. SOOOO, on a rifle that only has 30 rds thru it and will withstand over 75,000 in its life AND, has been out of stock at Buds for months AND is a S&W, one of the better AR's made (better than Bushmaster and Colt), I think you are busting his balls for no good reason. JMHO
Old 04-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

I'm not busting balls. If I were busting balls, I would have posted in the buy/sell section.

For what it's worth, when I buy used these days, I go to www.froogle.com. At that point, I have a choice of what vendors I can buy from, I can see if they are charging tax or not, and I can see what shipping costs are. Retail is my starting point (could care less about MSRP). Do a search on the rifle

As I mentioned, I looked up those rods. Price paid for new is 50% of what you could get them from other competitors based on the Google search. That's a decent price.
xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in