my open water rigs, pontoons - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default my open water rigs, pontoons

not sure if this is the spot, but just got my dad his own 9 foot pontoon! damn thing is, its new. as in just out the plastic, not bad for cl. the next thing is i want it more than mine. it matches my sportbike better than the blue silver. im stoked cant wait to get it in the water.
mine ol blue, rigged up but i like matching better...
at rampart before i had some laker game.... caught several stocker rainbows that day... id rather catch lakers. rod holders on mine, will add to the yellow one as well. ipod with speakers. i have a four stick led light setup for night fishing on the blue one. the yellow doesnt get that. bc i just took it off the bike to use fishing since it seemed kinda tacky on the bike..... humminbird fishinbuddy 110 on the rig also for depth and to see if i have any customers below.

at jefferson enjoying the scenery bc i got no lakers that day. again more stocker trout.....

this is what the garage used to look like....

now it looks like this, fishing fun all over the place.. on top of the new polaris indy supersport ready for ice next year, the eskimo quickflip II and dave genz fish trap scout behind the sled..... since we got robbed of the snow this year with the unseasonable weather.

man i love fishing. heading west next week for some laker action. and to put a payment on a bill ive got. cant wait. its been an unusual week since i last fished..... gotta get my fix waiting is killing me. might have to hit rampart if its truely open for business since its closer to my poor man fishing budget. see you on the lake.
got a spiffy belly boat or pontoon throw it in! show your ride. maybe we'll see one another on the lake.
tightlines TL1000R (the tl1000r is the bike next to the boats btw my other baby.)
tl1000r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: my open water rigs, pontoons

good looking rides. where do you attach your registration sticker for the current year? you asked to show your ride, here is mine, with my wives renegade to the left of it

Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Jeez, Infi- Thats simply a small boat!
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

nice rides infidel. how do you like the gas engines on the boats. im getting my dad a motor soon trying to decide whether or not to go gas or electric he weighs alot more than i do is my concern. i can go all day on one battery.
i dont attach the sticker its in a pocket. bad enough the previous owner tackily wrote on the pontoons.
cmon i know more people float. belly boats/pontoons. showem.

heres my old setup used never.... belly boat power tube, for the caddis belly boat i used to use. i imagine itd work good. sure would beat kicking.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

i lvoe the gas power. it can take a 10 horse, but had a 4 from my old boat so just used that. it freaking hauls across the water. when i get to where im going i drop the electric so i can move in and out of weed lanes. the gas power is the best! if you plan on going for it i would reccomend a smaller HP for your type of toon. like a 2 or 3. they help out alot and if your into trolling that size of outboard will be right up your alley.

to brag about my boat a little more i love it. i run it zodiac style as pictured with the gas motor, and then when we run the green river i flip the frame an run it toon style. best investment i have made
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice setups.

Are those gas motors pull cord? If yes, how is the reach back? I haven't used my toon with a motor (elec only) in a couple of years and reaching back to move that thing was a pain... Can't imagine the gas ones.

Rob
Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

i have a pivoting seat base on my blue toon. acquiring one for the yellow for dads setup. im going to snap a few more pics today.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

nice i just watched in xbox live youtube the add for yours infidel. it hauls indeed. lol. and is river capable, mines rapid certified however i dont havea chase vehicle to pick me up after a float. my dads retired he cant pivot really well. i think the electric might be easier for him.... i might get a small hp as suggested and try it. if its easy for me he can do it. taking him out tomorrow to test the rig. see how he does.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Another "Motor Boat", my NRS GigBob with a 2.5 Suzuki 4 stroke

Anteroman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

now that is nice also.. thats the style motor id get. that spiffy suzuki. ie a suzuki already in my garage. i cant beat the portability of a pontoon. comfort also imo. im going to get a better seat for my dads, make it a luxury jigging machine, with some mini downriggers too for a deeper or more accurate troll.. tomorrow is first day out... wind forecast. dagumit. fishings fishing. gotta go weather just makes the scenery different.
just put the rod holders from the ice hut back on the fishing boat. charged up the battery and registered the boat...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in