New to the Broomfield area - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New to the Broomfield area

My family moved here last year but we did't do much fishing. My daughter loves to go with me, so I'm looking for some good fishing spots. We are from Illinois and would usually just fish for carp and catfish because the pond we lived by had tons of them. She just liked the fight and we'd catch and release everything. I know a lot of people hate carp, but for a 7-8 year old to pull out fish in the 12-24 inch range constantly was a blast for her!

Occasionally caught a bass, but primarily the first two. Is there anywhere you'd recommend near Broomfield where there's some good catfish/carp spots for my 8 year old? We've been to Josh's pond right near our house and caught a few catfish. Went to stearns one time and didn't get a bite. Those are the only two areas we've "explored" so far. Not looking for a guarded secret---just some areas known to have those two species. Thanks everyone.
psawneo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: New to the Broomfield area

Union is the best place I know of in that area that has both quanity and quality of your desires. You have to pay to get in though. Over the years, Ive come to realize that in Colo, the farther you drive the better the fishing. If you find a local spot, keep it tight.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Fist off, get a copy of Fishing Close To Home - it's available in tons of places and has a lot of good information.

That said - try Harper Lake (Leaon Wurl Wildlife Sanctuary) Take US 36 to the Superior\Louisville exit. Go right (north) through town and when you go up the big hill it's on the right. Pleanty of big carp in there. And quite a few goldfish that people have put in there. Also seen some catfish come out of there too.

There are also some carp in Westminster rec center pond at 105th and Sheridan and there are a couple of other ponds just south of there on Sheridan too but I can't remember the name of them.

There are a couple of other free areas near you as well, but you can find a couple more on your own with a little research...good luck

Good things come to those who wade...
onefishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Stearns lake will satisfy all of your carp needs.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks to all of you! I'll give those a try! I really do appreciate it -- and i'll get a copy of Fishing Close to Home as well.

psawneo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in